Pregnancy after Miscarriage

Cookie24

Reaction score
Hello I'm 4 weeks gone tomorrow and just wondering at how many weeks you get scanned after having a miscarriage?? I had a mc in Nov and just worried about this one! Just want a scan so that I can be ressuared but can't get a doctors appt until 19th Feb which seems like forever!! Is anyone else going through this??

They won't always scan you. Some doctors however can be very sympathetic and if you explain that you are really concerned and it is causing you a lot of stress, and just ask to be referred, must will. They won't scan till at least 6 weeks, if possible try and wait till 7 weeks thoughts as more likely to see a blob and a heartbeat. Going to early may cause you extra worry if you are not as far along as you think. Good luck with your pregnancy. Hope all goes well. X

Ok thank you. Just can't stand the waiting lol

It's unlikely you'll get referred for an early scan after just one loss.

I had a mmc in September and was so anxious when I next fell pregnant but neither the doc nor the midwife would refer me for an early scan. We paid for a private one- just as well as I'd had another mmc!

I've been told that it's unlikely that I'll get any early scans etc unless I've had 3 losses. I'll still ask my GP/MW for an early scan referral next time but I won't hold my breath. So it's likely we'll end up paying for a private one again.

Sorry for your loss hun and fingers crossed for you that all is well this time round.

XX

I went to the doctors when I was just under 6 weeks as had 3 early mc and he was very sympathetic and rang the epu and got me a scan for after the weekend if not I was going to pay for one we seen w blob and a heartbeat which made me feel so much better xx

Oh no sorry for all your losses, I'm seeing the doctor next Friday and I'm going to ask him if I could get an early scan. The doctors are good at my surgery so hopefully they will book me in for a 8 week scan, i couldn't bear it if I have to wait for a 12week one, however if that's the case then I might get a private one when I'm 8weeks gone x Its just annoying when u don't know!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back