pregnancy after MC - tips

Discussion in 'First Trimester' started by kiwi2014, May 11, 2016.

1. kiwi2014

kiwi2014 New Member

hi all, not really used this site before so here goes
    i had a miscarriage back in july 15, had my 12 week scan and was told there was no heartbreat, and things have been pretty much downhill since then...
    but now im pregant again, approx 10 weeks, got my dating scan on 25th may and i am absolutely terrified the same will happen again

i assumed i would have had an early scan given past problems, but they havent done this.

so now my question is, how have other ladies dealt with the stress and anxiety of being pregnant following a loss cause im worried that the constant panicking is going to do me some damage.

any advice would me great
    thank you

2. russellmuscle

russellmuscle Well-Known Member

I suffered a loss in September.

This time round I've tried to keep calm. The early days are the worst. I booked myself an early reassurance scan which did settle a lot of anxieties for me. After that scan I only had 4w until my dating and got some jitters beforehand but this is normal.

I guess take everyday as it comes and stay away from Google.

Good luck with your pregnancy.

xxxx

3. Aimee84

Aimee84 Well-Known Member

Hi I booked a private scan when I was about 8 weeks to help me relax more, makes a huge difference seeing the heartbeat. Good luck x

4. Tonks82

Tonks82 Well-Known Member

Yep just take 1 day at a time hun.

I'm 9 weeks now but I had a scan at 7 weeks. Even with that scan I'm worried sick for the week 12 one.

Not sure if you have had sickness but mine has taken my mind off the anxiety of another loss a bit. I've felt so rotten on the sofa I can't even think of anything else than I hope I feel better soon!

I know it's hard but you haven't got that much longer to wait now.

Xxx

5. mummywanabe

mummywanabe Well-Known Member

I've lost 5, I wasn't offered an early scan either so at 9 weeks I paid for a private scan, baby was growing on target and heart was beating but I'm still worried about the 12 week scan I know anything can happen and I'm not out of the woods yet, I'll be happier once I get an appointment for my scan, I've had a lot of mix ups and still don't have a date for a booking appointment

6. kiwi2014

kiwi2014 New Member

i didnt even know i could get a private scan, ive avoided everything baby related since my loss so maybe im just out the loop! How much notice would i need to get one?
    i had more sickness last time, this one has been a tad calmer, tends to just be in the evening whereas last time was in the morning.
    but im constantly comparing everything to last time which is probably not doing me any good

7. russellmuscle

russellmuscle Well-Known Member

I booked mine a few weeks before because I wanted it for my birthday.

xxxx