Pregnancy after loss.

BunnyN

Reaction score
I thought it would be nice to have a place for those who are pregnant after a loss to chat. I know there are quite a few of us. I had a MC a few months ago. I was 10+2 when we found out. Baby had stopped growing at 9 weeks. It was heartbreaking. Physically things went badly and I almost died. At first OH didnt want to TTC again but I am now 6+3 and we are feeling positive. I am amazed at myself for not stressing more infact. I'm not sure how I will feel in a couple weeks time when I start getting close to my worry date.

Anyone else want to join in? I sometimes feel like there are things I'd like to chat about but I dont feel comfortable talking too much in other threads. Every pregnant woman has enough to worry about without me bringing up MC every 2 mins.

Hello bunny.

So sorry for ur loss sweetie xx

I had MC around 9 weeks and yip, was horrific. My oh was wanting to take me to A&E but thankfully a friend had been thru it before and told me what to expect. The midwife 'itl be a bad period' ha, who was she kidding!

Anyway, I'm now 9+1 and officially the most pregnant iv ever been so yay! Also iv been sooo sick and had every symptom going where as last time I had very little. So pinning my hopes on that this time xx

It sounds promising for you this time.

I dont think all the periods in my life put together would compair, lol. But my case wasnt exactly typical either. I lost 2 liters of blood and went into shock.

I'm thinking of doing an early scan but trying to decided when. I cant see the point in doing it too soon because baby made it to 9 weeks so clearly at this stage there was a heart beat and everything was going well. I'm thinking maybe 8 or 9 weeks.

Hey sorry for your losses. I know how you feel as I had a miscarriage back in Nov, I found out that baby stopped growing at 7weeks which was very heart breaking. Luckily I'm now 15weeks gone and very happy. I must admit I was so scared leading up to my scan and I burst into tears in the waiting room before my scan however I was so happy that I saw a heartbeat that I cried some more lol.
I'm hoping your scans will go fine and I'm sure they will X x

Hey sorry for your losses. I know how you feel as I had a miscarriage back in Nov, I found out that baby stopped growing at 7weeks which was very heart breaking. Luckily I'm now 15weeks gone and very happy. I must admit I was so scared leading up to my scan and I burst into tears in the waiting room before my scan however I was so happy that I saw a heartbeat that I cried some more lol.

Sorry for your loss too but congratulations on your pregnancy! It sounds like it is going well.

I had a chemical pregnancy then two successful pregnancies before the MC. So although you can't help but be aware of what can happen I feel like I have a very good chance of things going well this time. Did you have an early scan cookie?

Last edited:
Hey you already know my story, i think. I mc before this pregnancy at around weeks or just before. I habe been stressing alot about this one. I also had an early scan as iv not had many symptons. I had mine at 8 weeks then 10 and i still worried after yet. Here i am at 33+4 weeks and guess what im still worried. They say your changes of mc drops of you get pregnant after you have had one so fingers crossed for you this time. Dont forget to let us know on june mummies after your scan xx

Last edited:
Its nice to be part of a group with you again Blueglass! Of course it would be better if none of us had lost in the 1st place but its nice to talk to people who under. I will let you know when I get a scan. It's still a couple of weeks yet so June mummies will be getting ready to pop by then!

Last edited:
Yes i guess we will i got 6 week and you got 6 weeks till ur scan so i will def keep an eye out for your good news. Maybe if u book ur scan u will feel better it helped me a bit but i think we still worry. X

Yeh, I just realised today I will be 12 weeks plus a couple of days on what would have been my due date. I'm feeling pretty miserable with MS now but it is really nice to be pregnant again. It doesnt stop us from feeling sad about our loss but it has taken away the empty feeling I had.

Just keep thinking positive and take it easy hun. Iv refused to do a few things at work and work with certain kids. Im not taking any chances this time round. If ur ms is bad take time of and relax xx

I didnt really have much choice but to take it easy today as I felt so rough. I dont work but we have 2 toddlers. Thankfully OH has able to look after them most of the day.

Last edited:
Thats good his able to help. I wish i could stay at home lol cant wait to finish work x

I've had 5 losses prior to this pregnancy.
3 at 5 weeks - natural
1 at 8 weeks - surgical management
1 at 13 weeks - medical management followed by surgical management for retained placenta.

Still waiting on the bubble to burst with this one but just trying to take a day at a time xx

Sorry for your loss too but congratulations on your pregnancy! It sounds like it is going well.

I had a chemical pregnancy then two successful pregnancies before the MC. So although you can't help but be aware of what can happen I feel like I have a very good chance of things going well this time. Did you have an early scan cookie?

Hey no I didn't as I didn't want to pay £100 for them to say it was another MC if that makes sense, but I know some people did and it gave them reassurance x

Hey Bunny

I believe we were in the same June loss group.

I had my loss in September at 6w and luckily have gotten my bfp in 3 month and have just started to relax now making it to Tri2.

I wish everyone here the best of luck!

xxxx

Last edited:
Hey Bunny

I believe we were in the same June loss group.

I had my loss in September at 6w and luckily have gotten my bfp in 3 month and have just started to relax now making it to Tri2.

I wish everyone here the best of luck!

xxxx

Yes we were! Congrats on making it to tri 2. There are 3 of us here from the June group now, all in different trimesters.

I've had 5 losses prior to this pregnancy.
3 at 5 weeks - natural
1 at 8 weeks - surgical management
1 at 13 weeks - medical management followed by surgical management for retained placenta.

Still waiting on the bubble to burst with this one but just trying to take a day at a time xx

It must be really hard to be pregnant after 5 losses but it seems like things are going well this time. Did you have treatment that helped? I have a friend who had a baby recently. She had had about 8 losses before.

I had progesterone supplements this time but in all honesty I think it's more likely due to the supplements I was taking myself to improve egg quality as all investigations came back normal and just put down to my age and poor egg quality. Or it was just my time :)

This is now my 6th pregnancy I have one son who is almost 3 we lost his twin and I've had 4 other miscarriages 3 in the past year. I'm just over 8 weeks and having really bad morning sickness which I suppose is a blessing! I am nervous and have organised a private scan next week I know it doesn't guarantee anything but when I lost my previous babies there was no scans or anything so I just want to see something or hear a heartbeat. I've got used to losses that I sort of have it in my head I'm not going to have a baby in December I'm hoping I'll be pleasantly surprised

Yeh morning sickness is oddly comforting, horrid but reassuring. I still had bad MS with my loss but it going away was my 1st hint not all was well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back