Pregnancy after LOOP procedure.

Project baby

Reaction score
Hi, I'm 34, WTT at the moment, as I had iron deficiency and have been taking Iron for the last several months. I have pernicious anaemia and use B12 spray daily - it's controlled.
Just over a year ago I had a LOOP procedure to eliminate CIN 2 cells in my cervix, after that my smear test came back clear but the virus was still detected.
When I spoke to the doctor, he wasn't concerned about any of these, said there's no way of me getting another smear test until I'm due one (back on 3 years check now).
Has anyone been in similar situation?
I'm mostly worried about the LOOP procedure because I know it can cause premature birth + it'll be my first pregnancy at 34..
Is there anywhere I could see a gynaelogist privately? I am Polish but lived here over 11 years, married to an English man (not that it should matter) and was told that perhaps I could get tested in Poland.. I'm amazed nobody will do tests here if you pay - is this right??
Tia!

I'm sorry I have no idea or experience but wanted to wish you luck.

I'm like you pretty shocked that they won't do one if you're wanting to go private. Id keep asking around if I were you

When are you wanting to start trying?

Just ask to be seen by a different doctor first before you go private! If it's your first letz procedure done it shouldn't be too much problem, i think it's subsequent ones that can be an issue. It's weird they sent you back when the virus is still present as I believe that they should keep monitoring you every 6-12 months! Perhaps make an appointment with your gp again first discuss your concerns ask for it to be possible to be seen at a different hospital or doctor before you pay to go private, I always think making that step to go private where they charge you might end up having things done unnecessarily because they just want to cash in . Even still you should be able to see someone to discuss your concerns, even gyno's know a lot about it so might be worth to just ask to be seen by one of them just for a peace of mind x

The HPV virus never goes away hun, I have it and have had a colposcopy recently. They treat the abnormal cells (CIN1/2/3) but the virus will always be present. Reading up on it (and based on what the nurses and doctors have said) it is nothing to worry about as nearly 80% of sexually active adults have it. It doesn't cause any major problems apart from the cell changes but these are often slow changes and take many years to become something serious. The only thing to do is make sure you look after your immune system with any additional vitamins (I was recommended zinc, iron and B12) I can't comment on the LOOP procedure however if you have already had this and they have discharged you and placed you back on three yearly smears I would say that you are okay and you won't be asked for one again for a while, it will all depend on the next smear. (Hope this all makes sense and is relevant to you!)

The HPV virus never goes away hun, I have it and have had a colposcopy recently. They treat the abnormal cells (CIN1/2/3) but the virus will always be present. Reading up on it (and based on what the nurses and doctors have said) it is nothing to worry about as nearly 80% of sexually active adults have it. It doesn't cause any major problems apart from the cell changes but these are often slow changes and take many years to become something serious. The only thing to do is make sure you look after your immune system with any additional vitamins (I was recommended zinc, iron and B12) I can't comment on the LOOP procedure however if you have already had this and they have discharged you and placed you back on three yearly smears I would say that you are okay and you won't be asked for one again for a while, it will all depend on the next smear. (Hope this all makes sense and is relevant to you!)

That's not true a healthy immune system is able to fight it off however if it is present for a prolonged period of time. For example 10 years it's not likely to go away. There are also several strains so some are more of a cancer risk than others and this even depends on ethnicity. You also have low risk strains which generally present them selves as warts and such.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back