Pregnacare

Discussion in 'First Trimester' started by PurplePixi, May 28, 2013.

1. PurplePixi

PurplePixi Well-Known Member

Iv been taking folic acid and Vit D since nov but today I bought some pregnacare vitamins and was wondering if you still take folic acid with that or will that be enough?

What supplements does everyone take?

Xx

2. Geekachublog

Geekachublog Well-Known Member

I take pregnacare, on the advice of my midwife/Dr, I got mine off Amazon, 90 tablets for about £7 odd, which is the same price/cheaper than buying 30 in supermarkets :)

3. Ella1979

Ella1979 Well-Known Member

Pregnacare contains the required amount of folic acid, so you don't need to take extra. I bought Pregnacare on the advice of my MW and find it absolutely fine. I stopped taking a folic acid supplement after a couple of weeks with my last pregnancy as it was giving me awful headaches. Don't think the MW was impressed at the time, but it didn't have an impact on my LO!!!

4. MrsS143

MrsS143 Well-Known Member

I'm not bothering
    Just vit D and folic acid

I take the 5mg folic
    If you take 0.4 then check what dose is in the pregnacare vits if its the same them instead if its lower take both it won't hurt. Same with vit D x

5. Linzie2012

Linzie2012 Well-Known Member

I've been taking Pregnacare since November 2012, No advice from Midwife, just search for a multi vit with the frolic acid too.

6. Beanie1975

Beanie1975 Well-Known Member

Pregnacare has everything you need. No need to take additional folic acid. Take with food though. x

7. Cersei

Cersei Well-Known Member

I'm taking Pregnacare as well, no side effects at all I'm really happy with it. No need to take extra folic acid xx

8. Sprk

Sprk Well-Known Member

I have a generic version of pregnacare plus 5mg of folic acid (I have extra folic acid because I take BP meds)