Preg on birth control ?

Alchemy889

Reaction score
Hi ladies,
I'm hoping to get your opinions. I'm not sure if I'm posting in the right area, as I wasn't TTC but anyway, let me know.

I was on Microgynon ED 20, have been for several months, and a couple weeks ago, I missed two or three pills, I think it was two. I started taking them again, two days later I had unprotected sex, and my partner finished in me (sorry for being graphic). I've been told by my GP that you're not protected until a week of taking birth control. So I had five days til protected. I didn't follow up with the morning after pill or anything.

That was 12 days ago. Exactly a week after the sex, I had what I initially thought were stomach pains. With my menstrual cramps, I get them in my lower back, but these were in my lower belly. Aching and sharp stabs were felt, and a few hours later the area was tender, exactly where my ovaries are. :roll:

I had more cramps that day, then nothing. I've been having cramps on and off since then, as well as occasional nausea, gas, bloating, and slightly tender breasts.

I've been taking hpt's for about a week, all bfns. The last I took was two days ago.

I'm going to the GP for a blood test this afternoon, so perhaps this post is unnecessary, but I'd appreciate opinions from women who've been through it themselves. And I just really want to know if this is all even possible.

Thankyou in advance, have a great day/night. :)

Well yes its possible, my sister got preg on the pill and didn't even miss days. It's not 100% garenteed especially when you miss taking them.
Iknow plenty of people who only missed one pill and got pregnant.
Id tests are negative I'd probably say you aren't pregnant x

Last edited:
The pains you felt a week after sound like my ovulation pains rather than implantation pains.

As peanut says it is always possible but I would think unlikely given your negative tests.

I hope you get the result that you want.

My friends daughter is a wonderful miracle. Her mum was on bc and her dad was wearing a condom lol. unfortunately dad was a one night stand from a night of clubbing so who he is my friend doesn't know! She didn't even take his number!

You'll have to wait until the end of the strip when your period is due to get your answers. If you're too early in your cycle a blood test isn't going to give you any more answers than a pee on a stick one.

A week after you missed the pill sounds too early to have any actual pregnancy symptoms. It is possible they were ovulation symptoms. But it could just be symptoms because missing the pills messed up your hormones a bit or it could be that it was something totally unrelated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back