PreConception Suppliments Y oy N?

xAngelx

Reaction score

Ok so I am having my IUD taken out on the 27th of this month, I take multivits atm as it is and me and my DH are debating whether or not taking preconception vits on top of our normal vits would be beneficial?

Any advice or opinions would be greatly appreciated :)

TIA Kim x

Take one or the other because you can overdose on the vitamins. Do not take both together.
Multi vitamins contain vitamin A which isn't supposed to be taken when ttc/pregnant. The main preconception ones imo i think are pregnacare and seven seas.
Some women find it helps their ov, cm, and af but some women finds it disrupts it.
(I was taking pregnacare for a month and it made me ov late and period late. It made my ewcm non existent. I had to stop taking it)
Are you taking folic acid? Folic acid is a pregnancy superhero! Taking a prenatal vitamin with the recommended 400 micrograms (mcg) of folic acid before and during pregnancy can help prevent birth defects of your baby's brain and spinal cord. I've herd it takes about 4 weeks to get into your system xx

Last edited:
Either or. Do not take both hon. We used his & hers conception. 🍀

Thanks for the advice. I know vits are either fat or water soluble (most B vits are water) so the body expels what is wont use. I never knew about the not taking vit A. thanks for that! :) But always good to get advice so thank you. I think I will just take the preconception vits. I have bought the seven seas Trying for a baby and my OH has wellman conception. Will be starting from tomorrow :dance: xx

Last edited:
I take pregnancy multi-vits as it contains the folic acid you need too. Wouldn't touch normal vitamins are mentioned above, they're not safe for pregnant women which I would treat TTC as the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back