Pre term labour again.

charlene09

Reaction score
Well, yes. My body has failed me again and I am currently in pre term labour. Started with pains last night but kinda just left it and thought it was BH as I was at the hospital this morning, I took painkillers and it kinda eased off.
Anyway, they started again through the night and I was up down up down all night, didn't want to wake DH up as he had work this morning so just kinda coped, gets to the hospital this morning and started with tightenings and a bit of blood loss on wiping.
Anyway, I mentioned all this to the consultant and she said she would do a speculum examination and listen to alanas heart beat. On examination she said my cervix had come down but weren't dilated as of yet but it is looking like pre term labour. The worst part is they can't do anything as she isn't classed as viable until 24. I actually feel sick with the pain

Sorry to hear this Hun - how many weeks are you? X

Didnt want to read and run, big hugs! Don't no what to say but I'm thinking out you x

Oh no, I hope you're ok. Do they think it may stop on it's own? xx

Oh no, I hope you're ok. Do they think it may stop on it's own? xx
They never gave me a definitive answer they just said if the pain gets worse then go back.

The pains have worsened but I don't want to go to the hospital as they won't try stop it anyway as I'm before 24 weeks and she isn't classed as being viable so I'm thinking if I stay home and just deal with it till I can't bare it any longer and she does happen to be born at least I know I held onto her as long as my body would allow and I did try.

It's so hard. I wish I wasn't going through this again. I am hoping she stays put and we kind of get over this and I meet her no earlier than 37 weeks but time will tell.

It seems rediculous that they won't do anything to stop it because you're a week before 24 weeks, surely that's the point of trying to stop it, so you get past that point!? How far were you last time you started pre term labour? xx

It seems rediculous that they won't do anything to stop it because you're a week before 24 weeks, surely that's the point of trying to stop it, so you get past that point!? How far were you last time you started pre term labour? xx
28 weeks last time

Oh Charlene, I'm so sorry to hear about this. I'm sending you all my best wishes that this is just a passing phase, and that you and baby will be absolutely fine. I can only imagine what you must be feeling... Try your best to stay strong and positive. It's so stupid that they have such a defined boundary for care at 24 weeks. *Hugs*

I'm with Unicorn, I'd have expected them to stop it if they can so you get past the 24 weeks.

Hope it all subsides again and your baby stays put!

Have they actually said to you they will
Not help you at all? Or attempt to stop it if they think ur in labour??

Oh I'm so sorry to hear this. What gestation were you last time and did they stop it/was the Baby ok? It's hard to believe they can't do anything before 24 weeks xx

Oh, that must be horrible to go through! Can/will they really do nothing to try and stop it so you get maybe a few weeks further in your pregnancy before she's born? I'm crossing my fingers for you...

Thinking about you Charlene hope everything is OK xx

Which hospital are you at? How they help depends on their individual policy. I went into labour at 23+4, they told me that if the baby "put up a fight" so was basically showing signs of life, strong heartbeat etc. They would try but really he had to get to 24 weeks for them to properly intervene. we got to 24 weeks on the dot, he's now 15 months old. I was 2cm dilated when I went in with pains and had him 3 days later.

Have they given you steroids or magnesium? Have they given advice on what you should or shouldn't be doing?
Babies born at 23 weeks have survived and thrived so please don't lose hope. There a great page on Facebook called Parents of Preemies Support UK. Lots of people will be able to give advice even at this stage.

I really hope little one can hang on a bit longer.

Go to a different hospital hun. Call them all and ask their policies as mine Intervenes at 23 weeks if baby shows any signs of life. Can't believe they won't even try and stop your labour so you get to 24 that's horrific. All the best and hope she holds on xxx

Sending massive hugs and praying bubba stays put for longer! Wont they start you on steroid injections to strengthen baby's lungs? xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back