Pre-term labor at 32 weeks

mocha_mel

Reaction score
Hello ladies,

I'm new to this forum and seeking advises and suggestions from fellow moms. I was 32 weeks when I noticed an increased frequency of contractions and went in for a check-up. Ultrasound showed my cervical length to be 2.5cm, with cervical dilation at 1cm. I was admitted on the spot and hooked up to a contraction monitor right away - at that time, the machine was picking up 1 contraction every 3 minutes. Docs started me on magnesium sulfate, antibiotics, and steroid right away. Stayed in the hospital for 3 days. At discharge, cervical length has reduced to 1.8cm, NNF is negative, and cervix dilation is still at 1cm. I'm now on modified bed rest at home taking nifedipine. Have been home for about a day now and feelings contractions here and there but not alarming enough for me to rush to the hospital.

Any advice/comments/suggestions on how to keep my little one inside for as long as possible? I would love to hear it if you have a similar experience.

Thanks in advance!

Mel

I didn't want to read and run but I hope your little one stays in there for another 4 weeks! I had a friend whose cervix was effacing and she had to stay in the hospital for weeks before she quickly was moved to delivery at around 35 weeks. The baby was healthy but had to stay in the NICU for about 3 weeks. She's perfectly healthy and happy now though, so just take it easy and fingers crossed your body will cooperate. Good luck!x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back