Pre-natal vitamins making me sick?

CoolNoMore

Reaction score
Does anyone feel queasy after taking pre-natal vitamins? I always seem to for about half an hour, especially on an empty stomach. They're fancypants ones that my mother-in-law gets for me, so I don't think there's anything cheap and nasty in them.

Every single time it happens I think 'OMG! Morning sickness!' *rolls eyes at own misplaced optimism*

Yes, vitamins can make me feel ill. Some give me a rash. I take them all individually so I can work out which are not working for me. Vitamins can actually put stress on your body if you can't process them. High strength vitamin C makes me ill.

ps maybe don't have them on an empty stomach.

Last edited:
Most of the ttc vitamins i have taken all say to take with food (I know pregnacare and seven seas do), I would try take them with lunch/dinner and see if that helps x

ps maybe don't have them on an empty stomach.

Yeah, I think you may be right...I'm on so many sodding pills at the minute and find it difficult to remember them all, so I got into the habit of just taking them when I remember. I'm not supposed to take them with any of the other pills, which doesn't help things.

It feels so futile taking prenatal vitamins at the minute. Ho hum.

Coolnomore Sometimes they make me feel a bit sicky too. The pregnacare ones make me headachy i think bit that may just be coinicidence. I also think they are unnecessarily huge! So i take the seven seas ones. Also agree with futile feelings! When im *insert rude word* off about ttc i huff and miss a day! Your eye rolling at misplaced optimism also made me lol a bit so thanks :D think we are close by cycle wise from oct thread so good luck x

I found it easiest to take them at night. Add reminders or alarms on your phone to remind you. Make sure you don't miss any around ov and for next few days after ov as that's a really crucial time to have the vitamins in you x

I take mine right before bed... makes my pee extra yellow in he more tho aha.
When I was on pregnacare ones they made me feel shit. I'm on tesco own ones now. No affects so far x

Thanks all! Unfortunately I've got a set I have to take before bed, and I'm not supposed to have them with anything else. I have a chart now, and tick them off when I take them, so with any luck I'll keep on top of it all.

I'm a bit wary of having people over to the house now, in case they spot my mountain of pill boxes. I might start telling people I've got ebola, it would be easier to explain. Plus, that way people wouldn't respond with 'you just need to forget about it...'

Your eye rolling at misplaced optimism also made me lol a bit so thanks :D think we are close by cycle wise from oct thread so good luck x

Kaypee, I did it again this morning! Even after posting this! Good grief. Good luck to us both and here's to a mental two weeks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back