Pre made frozen meals for after!?

I.had loads as we have a toddler too so couldnt live.off takeaways.
I did:
Stew
Curry
Soups
Ravioli
Cutlets
Sauces for shepherds pie(you can freeze shepherds pie too) and lasagne

So some things i had to just defrost, some.required quick cooking.

Tapatalking so cant see signatures

Ive bought stuff to make homemade:
Lasagne
Curry
Soup
Spag bol
Mac an cheese with broccoli
Chilli

:) :) xx

get a slow cooker, and sliced and diced frozen veg.

honestly, its takes me 2mins in the morning (during babys first nap) to throw some meat, veggies and seasoning into a slow cooker to make a curry, casserole, sausages, even chicken noodles! I always throw tatties in too so its literally a one pot meal.

get a few Shwartz slow cooker recipe sachets, some sliced frozen peppers and diced frozen onions, tins of chopped tomatos and away you go!

that way everyone can also eat their meal hot (if you or partner are holding baby whilst other is eating, which happened a lot in my house)

I did this last time for my oh and the kids when i was in hosp forsection , didnt want them all eating junk! I did spag bol sauce, sheppy pie, callenoni and lasange etc. when i came home oh had fed then macdonalds on day of birth ( fair enougth exciting and busy day) then brought oven chips etc for other days!!!

But when i got home it worked well as i then used them to save me standing for long and cooking after my op, was fab

Saving nectar points for a new tall freezer, hopefully before any baby arrives in nov, so will go mad prob!!

Slow cookers are fab when you have baby, put on first thing in morning and leave it even when you go out.
They do fab currys, in fact were having lamb rogan josh tonight for ohs's fathersday meal , meat will be soooo tender. Also you can put morrisons huge turkey legs in there just in some water, at end of day the meat just falls off bones for a bargain roast dinner without fuss and if your just you two, yourll have loads of meat left for sarnies ir freezing loose for stirfrys etc and also strain the stock into a bowl for freezer to make yummy soups.

Last edited:
My OH an cook but i dno why i dnt trust him lmao.
And im sure hell be as tired as me, if not more as hell b bk in work after the 2weeks.
So im guna crack on with some cooking today xx

Babyslog chilli con carne with rice works well

I only had so many oven dishes so brought some foil ones too from £1 shops and supermarket , perfect to get out night before and leave on side to defrost, no washing up either!

I went to asda lastnight and got all the ingredients for stuff.
Got a few clip lid containers for soup to freeze and the foil tins aswell (25 for £2) or sumin so im good to go ;) xx

Great idea girls. Just wish id a big enough freezer! lol Will need to have a good clear out then, have too many icecream tubs at mo lol

I was given a slow cooker but never used it. Im abit scared of it if im honest lol. Anyone know were could get good recipies for it? Id need a step by step lol x Also those wee tin/plastic tubs, would they hold enough for two or per person. I love cooking, cant wait to get started on this little project x

Asda do diff sizes of the tubs and foil trays with lids hun.

But i also bought ones that come in a pack of 25 xx

Ones i got in poundland are good for 1 person.meal if full meal ie rice and curry or if its.just curry, then 2 ppl.

I plan to do this, provided I have time and can be bothered lol

Is it ok to freeze rice & pasta then? Im always wary of reheating them. Gona have to hit the poundshops they sound great. Ta! x

But with the chilli and spag bol im just guna do the sauces. Rice and pasta only take 10mins to cook anyway.

But lasagne ill cook and freeze and also mac and cheese with broccoli xxx

I didnt bother freezing pasta and rice, would rather have it fresh. Didnt freeze comete ladagne as its quite quick to throw it together, you can freeze white sauce too

Yeah I'd just freeze the bolognaise or the chilli and not the pasta/rice to go with. You can buy bags of frozen rice that you can microwave in a couple of mins!

I went to asda lastnight and got all the ingredients for stuff.
Got a few clip lid containers for soup to freeze and the foil tins aswell (25 for £2) or sumin so im good to go ;) xx

Hi were did u get the 25 for £2 foil tins? best i could find was 6 for £1 :-( x

Asda £2 something for 25. Black label not smartprice xxx

I did about a weeks worth, things like shepards pie, lasagne & spag Bol all done is throw away foil containers. Just as well really as me & lo were kept in hospital for 6 days so hubby had meals good to go in my absence lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back