Pre made frozen meals for after!?

babyslog

Reaction score
Pretty sure i saw a thread aaaaaaages ago about this when i was bk in tri 1 having a snoop over here lol.

Is anyone planning or have already cooked n frozen meals ready for after baby is here?
Got my WTEWE app n it popped up on here.

But the onky thing that comes to my head is spag bol!? Lol

Dno if i can b bothered or just cook or get OH to cook as we go along.

Anyone find it helped loads?
Anyone got dome ideas of meals to cook?

Might pick up some silver storage trays later n start hmmmm xx

My freezer is full lol, I have made currys, pasta, broccoli and cauliflower cheese.bake with.ratatouille, chilli, spag bol, soup, light stews chicken and veg. Tomato sauce with loads of veg to have with fresh pasta as super speedy. Got a bit carried.away LOL

I'm still undecided as to whether or not to do this but have been thinking of meals just incase! So far iv thought:

Spag Bol
Chilli
Shepherds pie
Cottage pie
Fajita mix
Curry

That's all I can think so far xx

Right im on it haha!!
We r doing a food shop later so im guna get all the bits to make stuff and make sure i over cook (as i always do) and freeze instead of throw away!!!

Thanks for the list of stuff girlys xx

My freezer doesn't feel big enough for this :-( I think I need to have a major clear out if all the crap in there I don't need xx

Same.. Think theres crap i bought before xmas i sill havent and probs never will eat haha xx

Girls...
Plastic microwaveable tubs or the foil type trays n let it defrost at room temp??? Lolol xx

This is what I'm gonna do when I'm on mat leave, cook up lots of SW meals and freeze them. Don't forget soups and casseroles too. We always cook meals for 4 then freeze them down! We freeze everything!!

Also, someone suggested to me throwing all the uncooked ingredients needed for a slow cooker meal in a freezer bag, so in the morning you just dump the contents in the slow cooker with the liquids and your good to go! I thought this was a great idea so we cab continue to eat well when were both exhausted!

I use plastic tubs then microwave them

Xx

Ever since my mum made a minging cassrole in a slow cooker i refuse to use one. It was the sauce she made haha, but for some reason i just think of it every time i go to use it!!

But thats a brill idea!

Im excited to do our food shop today now hahaha xx

Glad I don't have to think about this (live with parents) but now I just wanna go out and buy ready meals today haha x

Lol I freeze everything as I always over cook!
I use plastic tubs (10 for £1 @the pound shop)
But we recently had a new fridgefreezer and its so small!!
I've bought a lot of those pasta sachets (mugshots etc) and will be having those quite often I think lol
Xxxx

Tapatalking. X

we did thia when ds 1 arrived and it was amazing....knowing you could have a proper meal without cooking was heaven. spesh for the firat week or so when youre fumbling through and youre rired and visitors are never ending. with ds2 we didnt have time and we felt it and the amount of chicken escaloped we had was silly z

Ooooo, I've never thought of this but sounds like such a good idea. I was just planning to live on packet salads and Special K to kick start the diet but this sounds much more appealing x

I did this and made what I thought was loads. However it only lasted a week or so. I was quite poorly after having my DS2 so I pulled in help from family and my big sis who cooks really good home cooking, cooked for us all and I gave her the money for all the food (there are 7 of us so couldn't let her foot the bill)!

Highly recommend that you prepare ladies. No one can describe just how crazy and freaking tiring the first few weeks are, you need to make sure you're eating right other wise you'll be totally knackered! Do it girls, get cooking. Xx

Ive bought all the stuff ready to start tomorrow! Including tubs and containers :) :) im excited haha xx

Definitely!! I wish I'd done this. We lived on takeaways and bags of crisps for weeks lol!
Try making & freezing soup too :) xxx

I need to do this, I'm hoping I'm going to suddenly find I have loads of time on my hands in the last few weeks when I'm on maternity leave and all the baby bits are sorted! Xxx

OMG what a fab idea I would never have thought of it. My oh doesn't cook at all so this will really help!

Thanks for the thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back