Pre made BLW meals?

Lolly85x

Reaction score
Posting in here for more traffic!

Do any of you ladies have any ideas for BLW meals I can prepare in advance? Like the night before that would last a couple of days.
Now that I've returned to work I don't get home from work until 6.20pm. So W needs to have had his dinner by then.
His dad picks him up from nursery or whoever has been looking after him at 5pm when he finishes so he's having dinner about 5.15 so I need quick things my OH can just heat up? That's already prepared. We can't wait like 20/30mins for the stuff I'd been making to be ready as W would be starving :( past few weeks I've been lazy and making him some batch meals but he's not been eating great and prefers to feed himself!

Maybe there's something simple in missing but all the BLW food I was preparing fresh :(

I was getting stressed with all the waste and we eat too late for James to eat with us. Now what I do is take a little from the evening meal and James will have it cold the next day. So effectively we feed him leftovers :lol:

Pasta, most meats, potatoes in most forms, sauces, and all veg last for a few days once cooked, cooled and popped back in fridge?

Also maybe batch cook sauces and things like chilli, shepherds pie etc and freeze a few baby sized portions

xxxxxxxxx

Pastas a good one,anything really you could pop in the fridge forvyhe next day,veggies,potatoes etc

I've made him pasta, with mince and pasta. Or chicken etc...

I don't know how the chilli or Shepard pie would work if he'd be able to pick it up :-/ xx

A quiche with load of vegetables and eggs and cheese freezes very good. Initially make it on a loaf pan, cool and slice then freeze. When I don't have time to cook for her I pop out 1-2 slices of that and I microwave.
Also French toast freezes ok, I made a whole bunch, take out one and defrost in te microwave or get it in the fridge te night before.
I feed Amelie loads of leftovers too. When we have sth and she is already asleep etc, I just cool and put it in te fridge, next day she will have it for lunch, fast to heat too.
Homemade meatballs I have a frozen bunch too and it usually ones with some slices tomatoes and cucumber and cubes of gets cheese and bread if I don't have leftover toasted vegetables or not time to make some.
Lasagna freezes perfectly fine, same comes for fish sticks, cook cool and freeze.
Fish patties with vegetables like minced fish mixed with puréed vegetables all mixed together and fried. I have some frozen of Those too. A complete meal as they have fish and vegetables all together.
Pastas with meatballs frozen together or with a tomato sauce.
Muffins freeze greatly. Savory muffins with spinach and cheese, carrot etc. just get a basic muffin recipe leave sugar off, add vegetables and bake and freeze.
Bell Peppers stuffed with rice and fried mince beef. I freeze any leftovers.
If I remember anything else I will come back to add

Ah! Thank you...! All great ideas. Will put some on my shopping list for later.xx

I've made him pasta, with mince and pasta. Or chicken etc...

I don't know how the chilli or Shepard pie would work if he'd be able to pick it up :-/ xx

I would assume he'd just pick at the shepherds pie? Like he would with mash and meat normally.

Chilli may be a bit hot for him (you can do a baby friendly version) but same would apply. They just pick up what they can? Which should be most of it now he's a bit older? (or not?)

xxxxxx

He's had baby friendly chilli at nursery and he loved it! With boiled rice... But that was spoon fed. If he has mash and mince just now it's spoon fed. If I'm giving him mince I usually roll into meatballs for him to pick up. And potatoes I cut into wedges or chunks... He just squashes mash if he gets any on his hands and smeers it all over his tray :)
He still like things a little chunky to pick up, rather than soft and mushy. He loves chasing peas about his high chair! Haha cx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back