Pre-eclampsia

tippytoes86

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

so a little about me, am pregnant with baby number 2 after a 12 year gap and am very anxious this time around.
I had a traumatic birth with my son back in 2005, I developed pre-eclampsia and had to be induced at 37 weeks, had poor progress and led to emergency c-sec.

After falling pregnant with this wee one, am currently 12 weeks, the anxiety is settling in that i could potentially go through all this again.:(
I've been to the doctors to see if i can help this anxiety and there's little they can do. I feel like I've been left to suffer.

I could really use someone who has gone through the same experience to talk to.

thank you x

Hi, I'm very similar!
Had my little girl 6 years ago, developed pre eclampsia very suddenly, got rushed straight to hospital (I had no symptoms as such, was just picked up at a routine appt). Got induced, was traumatic and before I was given a general,for a c section (no platelets for epidural), she came!

I'm now pregnant again, and I have been on aspirin since 12 weeks. My bp has stayed low, but it was around this time last time it started. I'm feeling more positive, I suppose I will let you know in a few weeks!

You should see a consultant at your 20 week scan, who you can talk too about your worries - apparently just taking the aspirin works wonders for preventing it...

Good,luck xx

bless you, its traumatising isn't it. I'm glad all is well so far :)
I've been advised to begin aspirin now, but noticed that you shouldn't take aspirin if you're asthmatic, which i am.
I have an asthma review tomorrow so will check then.
xx

I can sympathise. I had pre-e with my first and was induced. I became unwell in labour and had an emergency section. It took me over 3 years to reach the point where I wanted to try again. At the moment, I've been taking aspirin for 13 weeks and my BP and urine checks have been fine. I had a little freak out when I had dots in my eyes the other week and swelling on hands and feet. I didn't start any of that till 30 weeks last time. I think the dots were probably due to lack of food and swelling due to weather and walking a bit, but it is in the back of my h as that it could be an initial sign of pre-e. Just hoping it stays away this time. I'm having an elective section at 39+2 this time.

I also had pre-eclampsia was undiagnosed, i was taken in to be induced at 38 weeks due to my son measuring small. Had a sweep and left to settle in then everything went wrong rushed to theatre and out under GA, took 2 hours for them to stabilise my heart rate and 4 days before I was well enough to leave high dependency.

I was told I would be closely monitored in any future pregnancies and would be on aspirin. Got the midwife tomorrow so I'll see what she says. Totally understand your anxiety though x

Last edited:
Hi all, sorry I've been quiet. Gone back to work and it's been manic !
I've started the aspirin, and it hasn't touched my asthma so all is good on that front.
How do you manage your anxiety over potentially getting this again ? I just can't stop worrying about it. I'll be fine for a few days and will rationalise my thoughts but today it's awful. :(
X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back