Pre-eclampsia

JoeyClare

Reaction score
After having high blood pressure and protein in my urine on Tuesday, I was given a blood test which showed some abnormalities but told I could go home and was given an appointment for more BP monitoring for Friday. Thursday evening I get a call from triage asking me to come in straight away! When I got there I was even asked 'and why are you here today?' Err, I don't know- you tell me!!!

Turns out the rest of my bloods came back abnormal as well and they've confirmed pre-eclampsia. I've had to stay overnight for monitoring and as my bump is measuring big, they're scanning baby tomorrow with the possibility of induction! Just to make timing even better, it was my birthday!

Just got to wait and find out now!

Oh hope you are ok!
Atleast they have picked it up and you are being monitored.
Happy Birthday too xx

Good luck today and happy birthday! Please let us know how you get on! xx

Bless you happy birthday the gift hopefully of a baby?! Hugs tho it can't be nice being told that things aren't quite right I'm sure tho they just being cautious as many women do get pre eclampsia and are fine after birth xx

Happy birthday!!

Hope you and baby are ok on a hot ward today, just think you could have baby in your arms soon! xxx

aww :( happy birthday and just think on the positive side sounds like your gonna get to see your baby soon!! :D xx

Well I've been allowed to come home with baby still in my belly!! My blood pressure seems stable enough for them to let me get through to 39-40 weeks, though the consultant has told me that I won't be going overdue. I have to be monitored twice a week and if it gets worse, then I may end up being induced. Feeling absolutely shattered as I didn't sleep to well. I've decided having a full set of bloods taken before 7am is not fun!

So still got a little wait to meet baby!!

oh noo ! :( thought that was it for ya when i read the post earlier. least you have peace of mind you wont be goin over :) xx

That's great news that your BP has come down.

Just look after yourself..stay cool and de stressed.

Happy Birthday too hun xxx

Aww I hope ur ok and ur bp and bloods stay ok for U x

Happy birthday hun. Good news you're stable hun. Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27