Prams

Fee

Reaction score
Has anyone looked into prams and things yet. we went at the weekend just to have a look and walked out of the shop feeling like we are a little unprepared for all this! There are so many things to get and where do you start? Someone has recommended Hauck 3 in 1 travel systems to us and was wondering if anyone else has any experience of them? Also if they will fit in my car - I have just ordered a new mini ..did this before found out I was pregnant and not completely sure it is going to be the most practical for a baby but not willing to change it despite my husband saying I ought to get something bigger.
Any advice would be appreciated.

when you look at prams etc, ask the assistant to show you how small it is folded up, then way up whether it will fit or not.

i went off practicality when i bought Amy's its a mama's and Papa's 3-1 combination and it is superb, it still looks brand new and i am using it again for this little one. it came with a trolley and a car seat as well as the pram top, it cost 600 quid but is a really good buy.

I have 3 words girls - Silvercross - Heritage Collection
Absolutly georgous old style 'proper' prams lol - totally un-practicle!, would never fit in a car (mines a 206 so wouldnt even get the top part in probably!!!) but they are the rolls royce of prams - would love one - they are huge though and weigh loads. Apparantly all the aristocrats have them (so probably would look totally out of place in Leicester!!!!)

Problem is they are just not practicle compaired to the modern types which have car seats/pushchairs etc - but i love them!

the problem with most pram is that they are all bulky, the 3 wheelers are really long as well, i cant wait to get mine out again, i love my pram and after 2 years they are still selling it on the mama's and papa's web site!!

:D :D :D :D

Lisa, I love your three words post.
I'm only ttc but even I'm tempted to buy one after that!
Lucy x

Hi Lucy

Thanks! They really are something though! But like I say, you wouldnt be able to go out shopping etc with them. I remember my mum had one for me- and she used to leave me and the pram outside whilst she went inside the shop - imaging doing that nowadays?!

Good luck to you ttc. Hope your starting to feel a bit better and on the road to recovery - your posts made me feel very sad for you. My friend is also ttc she joined the forum yesterday! so you are in good company.

Best wishes and chin-up & keep smiling

L x

Just ordered our pram (I know it is early, but looked at lots and it ticked all the boxes)

Wanted it to be:-
Trendy
Parent facing for as long as possible
Light
something to take on walkes in the peaks
A bed where they can lay down flat

Tried lots in Mama & Papas and lots of the pram shops, they either didn't fit the bill, or the ones that were close, only faced us for the 1st 6 months and wobbled like mad, 3 wheeler always look rubbish to steer, finally chose one but it was abit expensive, but it ticks all the boxes and more, it is a bugaboo in orange & Black cost £500 with carrycot, seat, sun canopy, bug net, rain cover and under chair bag, but we kepted going back to look and loved it! (Looks at bank account) oh well, found out my boss has the same, they got a mama & papas and it was rubbish The bugaboo sells on ebay used for £350-450 so can do that after I have had my brood It will also face forward if I change my mind!

Hope this helps

I found my pram today i loved in from the moment i seen it, and its only 280, yahhh, i thought that was ok, but my sis sed was expensive, ahh wel dnt care i think its a bargain and im darn well gettin it, actually gonna run over to the shops tomoro and order it, but gonna get it deloivered to the house at a later date. Otherwise if i got stuff to early ill go mad cos ill be more impatient.

I really wanna start buying stuff but think it is to early, wanna wait till im about 5 mths, i spose, its only jus under two mths to wait but im so impatient. Wens everone eles starting to buy. Obv i wanna wait till the sex of the baby till i buy all the cute stuff, but im always so tempted to by little baby grows or socks even wanted to buy a bouncer the other day. lol

bec x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back