Pram thoughts/questions

Suzie and Faith

Reaction score
I've been reading other people's pram threads and searching lots of pram selling sights but i'm still unsure of what to get!
We obviously want the best for our Twiggle but we have so little money and, to be honest, we have a car and won't be walking out that much.
We're going to need a carseat for baby too, is it better to get a travel system so that we get both together? I'd like a young baby to be able to face me but I'd like the pushchair to last until the baby can walk far enough itslef (although i would consider getting a simple buggy for a toddler). I'd also like one with a shopping basket, footmuff and one that's not too complicated.
And all for under £200... preferebly less than that...
any suggestions?
I know i'd need to take one for a walk round a shop but i'd appreciate your advice!

hi hun, i had the same problem
i decided on the graco travel system in the end as it has a car seat and new born faces u when pushing it and the pram bit lasts until toddler age.
i got it BRAND NEW off ebay for £74! honestly ebay is the way forward!

which one have u got (colour/style)? I've had a look on ebay, they do look good and bargainous!

i got the mocha and cream and i bought it before i found out i was having a girl, there are some on there now which are also unisex colours, i think ofr the pram this may be the better option as u cud save it for future babies lol.
this is a pic of mine off the website obviously i paid alot less for it coz of good old ebay!

http://www.mothercare.com/gp/product/B0 ... 1&mcb=core

and i have just been lookin on ebay and saw this one it looks really nice its £69.99 brand new lol
COSATTO LUNAR TRAVEL SYSTEM IN INSIGNIA NEW WOW!!

no worries hun, it is really nice and i have just read the reviews they are very good. let me know if u get it xx

BabyBee said:
http://www.toysrus.co.uk/Product.as...erssale/bruspecialofferssalepushchairs/709824

this one is nice too, specially with the carry cot addition
(thanks Jo)

I think that's the one we'll go for with the carry cot. Really want the carry cot as I'll be doing a lot of walking and want the wee one to be able to lie down fully in the pram. The only thing I will say it doesn't look very water/shower proof if you look at it in person. Might go for this one - http://www.toysrus.co.uk/Product.aspx/B ... aco/725773

Our budget is £200 too... one of my friends has just spent £700 on hers :shock: .

thats lovely babybee and its very similar to mine.
make sure u get the raincover with it too xxx

I didn't think it looked too waterproof but surely itl be fine? Lol. not that i plan on being out in the rain. hehe.
It just looks so cosy and cutesy! hehe

i got a 2nd hand ( only 6 months old ) pliko p3 from ebay , i could have never afforded a p3 from mammas and pappas new , and if it mean i could get boy better buy buying 2nd hand then so be it , its looks brand new anyway !

I like your pushchair! but id check for the water proof rate dont wont the little one to get wet.
I need a pushchair too though i havnt started looking yet

<------ *cough*

:D

ive had MANY MANY MANY prams.... (20 and counting)

DO NOT buy the mahoooooosive Graco.

You will regret it. I have sold lotss of prams on the bay, after ive got bored, and the majority of people that buy the prams off me, come telling me of how they had the big graco, but it was far too big and really unpracticle and they wanted to be able to see baby, when they take it out of "carrycot" mode.

So firstly the best advice i can give you is.. DO NOT buy the mahoosive graco quattro/mothercare trenton.

And secondly, EVERYONE buys another pram, the stroller type, from about 6months+

Ebay is DEFINATLY the way forward wtih prams.

If ur budget is £200 but you want a carrycot...

Id look on the bay for an (hauck, jeep or i'coo) infinity or Mothercare Maui.

On the bay for a lightly used one ur looking at less than £100. Then a brand new car seat, Hauck lifesaver (60) or maxi cosi (70-80) and adaptors 10-20.

here are some piccys of it:

cba4_1.JPG

00112154_360x360.jpg

THey come in SOOOOO Many colour variations.

I had a pink one, and also the mothercare maui, which orange and red..

Its a dream to push.. and parent faces...

and avoid that aria one from argos....

icoo is nice, i had blue one too, but it doesnt fold small be warned

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back