Pram stress

Nickinakinoo

Reaction score
I can't find a pram I like, I love the silver cross pioneer but the carrycot looks tiny compared to some others! What have you gone for? I need inspiration. I've got no intention of using a sling or what not so need a decent pram system!

It's either going to be a venicci or oyster 2 for me. Need to have a play with a venicci. I don't think any pram I buy will fit in my car (fiat 500) however - that's my issue! Xx

Oh I forgot about that, I've seen the Venicci but the matress is really thin in the carrycot and the car seat isn't great apparently, it looks nice though and feels pretty solid.

I've gone for the venicci limited addition...can't wait to have baby in it x

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 24
I'm going for oyster 2. It's suitable for newborn without a carry cot and folds really small x

I'm going for a Cosatto one. Decided ages ago I want a funky, bright pram and they are the only brand I've found that meet that need! Just can't decide on the print though!

My sister in law had a silver cross and it was really nice but eventually got rid really quickly once she got a normal buggy because all these prams take up loads of space! She got more or less most money back on them! I would go and have a look in the shops and go for the one that is the lightest without baby!

My son quickly shot up to around 10 kgs on top of the pram weight I was pushing loads which was really making my back sore.. Getting the buggy well before he was one was a god sent. So do take weight and room in consideration. Not all babies like the carry cot and will be fine on the seat when you lay it down a little more opposed from upright so don't let that be the one you base your decision on x

Have been after having a Graco Evo for years lol

Folds small, with one hand (I still often use buses, despite learning to drive), main seat is suitable form birth but car-seat can be attached instead as well.

Car is only a year old and bought with baby plans in place, has two iso-fix points in the back seat.

Waiting for gender scan as oddly we've found the basic black/grey colour ones costing more than the purples, reds and blues on various outlets online!!?

Last edited:
We've gone with the Mamas adnd Papas armidillo flip xt and love it! It's light weight, good for all terrains, really easy to collapse down and would definitely go in the back of a fiat 500 xx

I think we will go for the bugaboo buffalo - only reason being my sister will have finished with her carrycot and we can source the other bits second hand for a reasonable price. I wouldn't dream of buying one brand new, they are so expensive! X

I have a graco evo for my lg and I love it so much! Folds completely flat so don't need a carry cot, one hand fold and fits in my corsa and my mum's fiesta with no problems. Hopefully, we'll need a double all going well with this pregnancy, but I'm still keeping my evo for when it's solo trips as I can't bear to part with it! Looking at an oyster max for double x

We bought an iCandy peach 2 on ebay - its lovely! We saw the new iCandy peach in mothercare in the sale the other day with a black frame, and now I sort of wish I had spent the extra lol but its really quite gorgeous! xx

If we r having a girl we are going for the Cossatto giggle 2 and if it's a boy the silver cross wayfarer in blue

We went for the silver cross pioneer after being torn for a long time. Yet to pick it up, but I have had a good go of one and it's easy to push about and steer! Lots of room in the basket underneath too. We were looking for something that would handle some rougher terrains and the wheels just looked sturdier on the pioneer. Our other choice, which we nearly went for, was the uppababy cruz, one of the top ones in Which? testing - this one is a very lightweight option, would likely fit in a smaller car too, and folds down very nicely!
Hope that helps - there's way too many choices out there, it is stressful! Took us bloody ages to decide! ;-)

Last edited:
We went with the pioneer I thought the carry cot looked so snug especially with the bamboo lining. I like the basket is bigger and the sturdiness of it. It is also so simple to fold down etc. We got it in blue though we are team yellow :) but just love the blue.

We loved the blue too Redbootz! Went for black though, because... we're old goths. lol

I'v got the Elea maxi cosi in red from previous pregnancy and its still going strong so will be just keeping that one and buying the maxi cosi car seat and carrycot to attach to the pram, it also folds up small so I can easily fit it in my polo car X

Don't see the point spending 700 on a pram personally. They get battered and most are heavy and bulky. I got a zoom from mammas and papas. When I told a friend she said she sold her silver cross and got the same as mine. I'm more of a practical person so wanted something light and easy to move. I did like silver cross bit cat justify spending that money plus they was too heavy for me and I don't fancy lifting it in and out of the car. My pram was 300 and something and that's car seat, stroller and carrycot. BARGIN

Last edited:
I've spent too much on my pram...just over 700 in total but that's because I wanted the limited edition and the car seat base which was an extra 119, I've spent more this time because with my 1st I had a second hand pram that I had to make do with as I was a teen mum with little money, my second was a travel system when they first came out (2001) which didn't last, my third was off the shelf rush buy as the one I had ordered was still out of the country 3 weeks before my due date and with my 4th I borrowed my sister in laws. This is my last baby and I wanted to have a new pram that was my choice and not having to make do, plus all my other babies were winter babies so didn't get a full years use out of them before they needed a summer stroller and I'm more active now and live 5 mins from tesco and 5 mins from the local nature reserve so plan on getting out n about a lot more this time.
I still can't believe I've spent that much but hey x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back