Pram Related - What would you do ?

Heywood07

Reaction score
Hi everyone
Just wanting to know your options please , would be very greatful

So my parents have purchased our pram it's something they were adamant to do so we went to mothercare & ordered the babystyle Oyster complete package with car seat etc etc love the pram did my research before hand

The baby plan we took out with mothercare means I can change the colour pack, get a full refund or even change prams all together so long as I do it 2 weeks before the pram is being delivered which is 31st Oct

Now before I settled on the oyster I was madly in love with the icandy peach and the bugaboo cameleon but everyone kept saying that they were so expensive , the baby wouldn't be in it 5 minutes and that because we both drive we wouldn't get much use - obviously the expensive part came into consideration as I didn't want my parents splashing out a fortune

The oyster came to just short of £600 so saving hubby and I a good chunk for other things ... However this was ordered two weeks ago but since then I've seen the bugaboo loads whilst out and about and I love it! I can't help it , I told my hubby and he started whinging that I'm always changing my mind, there's nothing wrong with what we've picked etc and I know that but I just can't help but love the bugaboo

Plus the package mothercare do would mean we'd need to pay £230 towards this ... Which I don't thinks bad considering we were planning on paying for a pram originally ourselves & that we'd be getting an expensive pram for technically £230 out of our pockets

I'm I just sounding really ungreatful here ? Would you just stick to the original ?
Truthful options welcome

Thanks ladies x

I personally would get the exact one you want. If you have the money then go for it.

I would also probably wait till as late as you can until you change your order just incase you change your mind again. I only orderd mind last week and changed my mind the week before after wanting a totally different pram for the whole pregnancy x

I think it's totally understandable and when you have your heart set on something it's difficult to change your mind. If you can afford it then go for it :) xx

i would go for what you like as you will be the one.using it mostly. I love my Cameleon!

Tapatalking so cant see signatures

Id say go for it, if ur hearts set on another one & u still have time to change then do. Its an important item so u wouldnt want any big regrets. Im considering the Cameleon too xx

lol i cant reallyhelp, my pram was 45 quid 2nd hand for my DD and i love it but to start with i had a random brown travel system for 25 quid off ebay and was fine with that as my main concern is always cost.

We have a very very expensive pram, gift from the grandparents and the one I wanted. It's new we used it maximum 10 times outside of the house...it did get a good use inside the house for the baby to sleep in it and sit in it lol.
We both drive, te supermarkets have baby carriers on top, the baby was born during autumn- winter meaning we weren't so much out and about but in malls etc. now that the weather is ok we use a cheapie stroller easy to fold in one move that lives in my car doesn't take 2 person to lift it and I don't have a headache try to fold it down and fit it in my car ...
I also use my sling/baby carrier.
If I knew back then what I know now I would have gone for a second hand one and a stroller later and a couple of slings/carriers.
I can't advice you poorly because our expensive one was a bad choice in our situation,well not bad just not much use out if it...
If you are planning to be out and about every day walking around with the baby th. maybe you can justify a more expensive one (I was planning to but i fast found out that its not an option when every outing gets 1 h to get ready, it's pouring/snowing and you have a baby that cries the house down every time you dress it never mind out it in a snowsuit and in a pram lol...)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back