Pram Arrived...Thoughts Please

Bee7

Reaction score
Our pram/stroller arrived yesterday and i'm not 100% on it :S my OH and i picked it out and his family bought us it. I liked it because it's lightweight, easy to fold and i wanted something that could fit into the boot of my tiny Micra. So we went for the Petite Zia which is apparently suitable from birth. I do like the style of it and it's very light to push but i'm not sure baby is going to be totally comfy in it. It reclines to a flat position but it's not really 100% flat and he has to be strapped in which isn't suprising when you consider that there's no 'end' on it! Just not convinced that this is going to be suitable for a newborn and kind of wishing we went for something a little sturdier now. Don't want to appear ungrateful to the in-laws though and there are a lot of positives about it too.

At a glance what do you guys think?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Petite-Star...PW/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1328272099&sr=8-10

I think its fine chick,
Had you been having a winter baby I would have suggested getting something abit more warmer and cosy but your due in April arnt you? Summer baby near enough so I am sure the pram will be comfortable and suffice for babies needs much better than a whole carry cot and car seat etc? Does that make sense?

x

I really like the look of it - very smart looking. :)
Lightweight and small enough to fit in the boot of a small car were two of my top criteria too, which unfortunately meant the stronger sturdier prams weren't really an option. I know what you mean about kind of wishing you'd gone for something sturdier - I feel like that too, but all the small and light ones I saw were less sturdy than the big chunky ones. I would not have been able to go for a sturdier one and still fold it up in the boot of my little car. I think baby will be comfy in the pram you've gone for - I defintey wouldn't worry about that, and the reviews on the link you attached all look okay too. :)

I think, and this is just my personal opinion, that those types of pushchairs are great but for when baby is older and can sit unaided etc.

They don't appear practical to me for when the baby is newborn because of the issue you mention with reclining etc.

Can you add a car seat to it?

My OH wanted a M&Ps 03 sport which is a bit similar in that it is officially 'from birth' but that just means it reclines flat. I wanted something with a carry cot for when the baby is very little.

If you do wantto change it my friend has a micra 2003 model and my silvercross surf fit's in her boot!

I don't think we'll be able to change it now. I do like it, but as TORino says, i'm just a bit concerned about the sturdiness/comfort for a newborn. Although i do think it will be a fab pushchair/pram once he's a bit older. My mum's friend has also leant us a second hand Mama's and Papa's pram which is a bit more traditional and might be better to use while he's very small. Although i did want to use my own, brand spanking new pram *humph* lol.

It's hard trying to get everything you want in one pram - comfort, stability, mobility and a reasonable price tag all seem a little mutually exclusive! But as Louise said, i'm having an April baby so hopefully this will be suitable for him xx

P.s. thank you for the advice/compliments as well, much appreciated :) xxx

Why don't you see how you go hun? At least you have the offer of a backup if it doesn't work out and can use it when baby is a bit older.

I know for a fact I'll end up with another pushchair/stroller when baby is older. Something very lightweight, like your pram.

I will say my pram is a lay flat pushchair so doesn't totally go flat & has no end, I have only just stared strapping Grace in as when she was newborn we wrapped her all snugly in a blanket and she never dropped out the end! Lol
My mum did buy a fur lining though as she was a winter baby so was very cosy!

I've had the same doubts about my pram. I totally love it - but now that its arrived, its absolutely HUGE. But I figure its just one of those things we'll need to get used to. you could by 101 different prams and none of them would be "perfect" - to big, to light, difficult to fold. If one pram did absolutely every person an every baby we'd all have the same one.

Im hoping that being a wee nervous about the pram is just another one of those things we have to go through - like worrying about whether everything else is right. xxx

Hi Bee, I love the Zia for the same reasons (small and light), and you can get other things for new baby. You can get a soft carrycot that straps in when it's reclined, and supports baby - also pulls right out you can carry them in. The Petite Star 0+ car seat also fits into it.

You can get these things at www.nurseryvalue.co.uk xx

Thanks Leesey! Had no idea that there were all these additions to it! Glad other people have had positive experiences with similar strollers too :) feel a lot better about it now x

It reminds me of the quinny buggy you can get.......which I personally don't like......however I agree with loopylou as seeing as you will have an end of spring/summer baby I will be nice for baby to be in and get air etc xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gzmndrea
Back