Powder problems

Maaaaaac

Reaction score
Im not even sure what section to post this in, combi feeding is pretty dead so wondering if you ladies (or gents, if yous sre about) can help!

My lb is having so much trouble with formula milk. He has had some C&G ready made with absolutely no problems at all so I thought the C&G powder would follow suit and boy was I wrong! No matter what, he projectile vomits the lot up. Even if its only an oz, its gonna come out, dramatically. Ive tried other ready made brands and other powders (im out an absolute fortune) and the exact same thing. I thought it was sll pretty much the same, i can't get my head around it. Ive kept him upright after feeds and followed instructions exact but nope.

Any advice on why at all? I'm guessing the powder is too heavy for him as hes used to breastmilk and maybe he justs like the taste of C&G? Lol. I don't think I could afford the ready made for all feeds, its currently one wee bottle a day which is fine.

I also noticed that trying different powders seemed to give him cradle cap! It's totally gone now not using powder and only started when he was given powder, any correlation I wonder!

Do you shake it because that causes loads of bubbles. My son drank ready milk for about three years and it cost me a fortune because once he sorted his feeding out he wouldn't even have powdered milk! But I did notice that it always have loads of bubbles so perhaps in combination with whatever bottle you're using they're not coming out as well after mixing it up and it might be an idea to mix it up with a spoon or fork instead, perhaps even use an anti colic bottle like a mam or dr browns as they're a bit better to take out the bubbles x

Oh you really night be onto something, I really give them a good shake :/ I usually let them sit for a bit to settle but its still a bit bubbly. I have some doc broen bottles but he only seems to like the tommee tippee closer to nature teats. At the weekend ill give anitgee oz or two a go but no bubbles see if that helps. Ill just keep a towel or two handy haha

My son didn't do well with bubbles until a year ago or so.. my moms tap water made it quite bubbly and he even vommed whilst having his water out of a mam bottle that usually vents quite well. Did the Pepsi challenge on the tommee tippee as I got a cup later on that had interchangeable top so could put the bottle teat on and it just made him ill. So as a baby and later on although my son was always really sensitive and vommed for everything he even vomited worse every time a tooth would start nagging him and coming through! Glad he finally grew out of it by 2-2,5 ish!!

Tommee tippee do have them bottles with them straw bit thing in them that dr browns have in them too which could always be worth trying if he's Hooked on the teat and vomming from the bubbles cause they don't vent out proper. I think they easily get back in because they don't vent very well, that's something I always experienced with them x

Tried the tommee tippee anti colic bottles and no success. also made sure there was no bubbles, plenty of winding but nope even an oz is coming back up. Ive four tubs of different formula all going to be dumped :( HV thinks powder is just too heavy for his digestive system. The ready made is easier to digest. So no rest for mummy then, ticking with breastfeeding will just have to tackle work when it comes to it. Thank you for all your help anyway.

I'm assuming he doesn't vomit with breast feeds? It's odd because my second baby had horrendous reflux and was breast fed and the GP was trying to get me to switch to formula as they said it would likely not make him sick because of the weight of it. I do know of someone from one of my first baby classes who had a little boy who threw up all formula until he was diagnosed with an intolerance to something in normal formulas and had to be put on a prescribed one (I can't quite remember but I think it was soya based) and that stopped the vomiting. Can you express? Have you tried what happens if you give expressed milk - does that cause vomiting from a bottle? X

Iv heard some of people sort of swooshing the formula around and not shaking it because of the bubbles, not sure if that will help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back