Potty training!

Slb24

Reaction score
Hey,

My daughter is 21 months. She's used the potty since she was little as it helped with constipation.

The last two days I have had her running around naked and using the potty. She's only has 1 accident and is doing so well!

But.. The minute I put knickers on her she wets through. I think she thinks they're like a nappy.

Anyone dealt with this before? Any suggestions?

Thanks xx

Im going through the same thing although as hes now goig every 15 muns at nursery it helps.

He has told me a few times that he needs the toilet now so we are going the right way. Hes nappy free at home and goes quite the thing. I suppose its just getting them used to actually being wet. When Jackson has an accident in clothes at first he was saying he was warm because I dont think he knew had wet himself. Now hes getting used to the sensation to pee its now getting him in the habbit of asking him or him asking me does he need. I had just explained its an accident but he doesnt want to be wet and dirty so remember and ask if he needs. Although being a toddler there are so many other things he would rather do than tell me he needs lol.

Nursery have been having success, they put pants on and hes been going in groups every 15 mins could try every 30 mins they need to get into the habit of undressing and redressing too. Theyv never had to do that before.

xxxx

My daughter either tells me or just goes on the potty. She's got the hang of it so quickly!

I thought I would just have to let her wet herself. I just wanted to save my carpet haha

Good luck with it Hun xx
I will try and put her on every 15 mins - 30 mins.

I know the feeling. We have carpets.

Hes done really well hes pooping in it too only had 1 poop outside so far he just always seems to busy to tell me so, pnt free at home it is. Nursery usually only have 1 accident a week.

xxxx

Our first son began peeing on the potty at 18 months, but he was scared to do "the other." After offering many rewards and becoming very frustrated,Then we get help the potty training app ‘learning with the animals’, and invite him to play.There are many other games!Applaud when he teaches the animals! Do the potty dance!! You can also ask him to flush the toilet while he is sitting on the lid, so he gets used to the flushing sound.
We really hope these tips will help you get over this issue – good luck!

Last edited:
After me writing that Jackson has took himself to the potty 3 times for a poo yesterday. Even removed his pants!

Deffo stick with it he will get there.

xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back