potty training tips?

Rnicholls

Reaction score
Hey everyone, my daughter turned 2 on 22nd july, amd I am expecting my 2nd baby girl on 10th december, im trying to potty train her but its not goin great so far, she kno2s whens shes been as she twlls me, but cant twll me when she wants to go? X

She's still very young t be potty training I'd be inclined to wait a few weeks but just keep encouraging to go on the toilet x

2 is reasonably young. I've also heard people caution against doing it just before a new baby arrives, and a new baby can cause a huge regression which is worse. Xxx

You could try maybe september/october time. My friend potty trained her 2 year old within the same sort of timescales you are on before she had another baby. No regression either.

You'll soon know if she's up for it or not. I have recently (a few months ago) potty trained seren. She decided when she wanted to do it. She knew there were big girl knickers in her drawer. Every day I asked her if she wanted to wear them and one day she said yes. We had a few accidents the first day (fortunately she was in nursery so they dealt with it), few less the next day and she was dry by day 3.

The thing is you cant push it. They generally let you know when to do it ans when they're ready. Get all of the gear. Talk about it loads. Get a reward chart etc. Seren had a chocolate button for every wee she did on the potty. I was dreading it but it was actually fine x

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2

Hi Hun I'm not officially potty training but have started to introduce it due to B hating having his nappy changed. So far I've just sat him on the potty during each nappy change. At first he would just stand back up but gradually he has started actually using it (this is purely through good timing rather than him understanding) but today he goes and takes the lid off his potty and sits on it so I think he's catching on to the idea or at least accepting it.

I work with lots of older ladies who are always giving me advice and most of them potty trained their lo before they were 2 by just continuously sitting them on the potty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back