potty training teeny ones

Lilmisshopeful

Reaction score
My LG was dry day and night by 18 months and a dream with only 1 accident and that was when she fell asleep the first time without a nappy.... soooo I was spoilt so sods law this will be a nightmare haha
They say boys are harder is this true?
My lb is 18 months now and tells me when he is pooing no matter where we are lol even during a posh dinner :| he even says pushhh and stuck if having trouble lol
He is also trying to pull his nappy off all the time... but never mentions a wee and I can't get him to say the word either. Is that essential to be able to try this or should I wait longer xxx

My little boy was 2 and a half when he was ready and never told us beforehand that he was weeing or pooing. When he was starting nursery we both took a week off a few weeks before and told him if he went for a wee on the potty he would get some gummy bears and he was dry in the day by the end of the week. It was a few weeks before he was dry at night but he was very easy to potty train. He would go to the potty each time he needed a wee so he could have his sweets lol xxx

We did both girl and boy at the same age, but the boy was far easier right from the start.

I only have experience of boys and they were both really easy. My youngest was 22 months when he trained, he was able to tell us wee by the time he did. I don't remember listening out for it as a sign though - he decided to be dry while we were on holiday so took us by surprise!

Im doing my boy atm. Hes 3 and this has been probably he only thing hes taken a while to grasp.

I think it just depends my friend has 2 girls 1 was a dream the othera nightmare.

Id try him with the potty it took us the longest part trying to get J to associate his toilet with words. I juststarted asking him if he had did a pee or poo and updating him when I changed him oh youv did a pee or poo. Now he goes to the pottyduring he day no problem for pees bt pood in the hall today lol bless. We are making progress.

If baby is signalling, esp the poos id go for it. Do a day of barebum time, see how you go and take it from there.

xxxx

Thanks for the input. I'm thinking I will try April may time as it's warmer and the carpet will dry quicker from accidents... best stock up on carpet cleaner lol xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back