potty training anxiety

twinkle90

Reaction score
No idea why I'm so anxious about it. I have no idea where to start or what to do. I tried knickers on DD and loved them. Also she sat on the toilet but got to tissue happy and didn't want her to get sore when wiping too much. I've also put her potty in the bathroom next to the loo so she can use it when I go. What can I do? I need a little help xx

With my daughter, we picked a week where we knew we'd be able to stay in every day. Explained to her what we were going to do, then we changed her into knickers and placed a potty in the hall (needs to be very close at all times to start with as they're pretty much "need wee" to actually doing a wee in seconds when they start). She had a few accidents to start with but these got fewer as the week went on. By the end of the second week she was only weeing in the potty.

I think the main thing is not to worry about going back to nappies if it isn't working.

The only other thing I would say is that given you're about to have another baby, this can cause children to regress or misbehave and it may not be the best time to try potty training. Obviously it's entirely up to you though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back