Potty Training Advice

vampybear

Reaction score
Anyone have any potty training advice?

I have started to look at ideas- i know a lot is common sense, but Im always interested in finding out things that might save me time and mess lol.

Ive started writing on my blog about what i have done so far to prepare him and myself, but still dont feel fully prepared lol

How old is your little one? One thing I suggest is don't rush them. I don't see anyone winning awards for getting theirs potty trained before everyone else! Sometimes starting too soon makes it soo much harder. I think approximately 2 1/2. You need to be prepared to spend a week at home with a potty near by. Ask regularly or sit them on it. Reward charts are good. Or if yours are anything like mine a choccy button works wonders lol. Plastic bag and a towel in carseats! They're a nightmare to clean lol. Good luck. Xxx

He is younger than that, hes 15 months, and im not starting any time soon, but I do want to try from 18 months. My mum got me trained in 3 days at 18 months old. I refused the potty comp[lately so she put me on the toilet and never looked back!

Im looking for signs that he is starting to control his bladder, so once I see them I think I will start.

Ive got a potty that looks like a toilet which is around the flat so he sees it as part of the home, and I have a travel potty for when we are out and about which has a carry handle and holds the muck in watertight!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back