potty for my son

Rooster30

Reaction score
My son is 3 1/2 exactly today and we've had the biggest pain potty training him full stop. He still sporadically wees his pants and pretty sure he holds in till bedtime to wee. Anyway, poos definitely aren't forthcoming any time soon. He's done a couple of explosions in the loo but that was whilst screaming his noggin off.

Sorry to hear you are still struggling.

If it's any consolation James still has a night time nappy and still hates pooing on the toilet.... despite being 100% dry in the daytime for many months now (barring maybe 2 or 3 accidents since October last year)

You'll get there but it really is something that can't be rushed. I hear a barrage of "my child potty trained at 2" and "you should do X Y Z" but the fact is kids need to get there in their own time.

X

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

My son will be 3 next month he downright refuses to use the potty we've tried everything he knows what to do, he just says not today thanks or I'm busy, I'm looking at him thinking you can't be busy you're three

Urgh. I'm really struggling with my son Full Stop at the moment, but this potty training has truly taken the biscuit at all levels. He is progressing so that's something. He tells his preschool when he needs a wee, but still sporadically piddles his pants - sometimes full blown wetness for no obvious reason except he couldn't be bothered going to loo. Argh.

Let's not go on to discussing his disobedience. I could cry absolute buckets. My patience is wafer thin :-(

oh dear we are having testing boundaries at 13mths old too, you try and teach them by saying no and explaining why but the face they give is soo heartbreaking you want to let them, we've discovered the key is to pick your battles (as there are so many of them!) and stick to absolute essential things to say no to (things that are dangerous or they could hurt themselves on) as we'd forever be saying no if we picked every battle lol...on the plus side she is making gigantic leaps in walking from first steps two wks ago to walking from one side of room to the other turning, pulling to stand when she lands and taking things with her...the key thing is she now chooses to walk as opposed to us putting her away from something to walk to...its so adorable to watch, it makes the temper tantrums pale in significance lol.

We're also trying with potty but very relaxed approach as she's still a bit young, yesterday during nappy free time she had two accidents (yes both wee and poo! aargh but she finished both on potty which is main thing but she still dislikes sitting on it..not very comfortable lets face it lol..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back