Potential Gallstones!!

Maaaaaac

Reaction score
Every week im having some sort of sickness, feels never-ending! Ended up at maternity last night with severe abdominal pain and reduced fetal movement. The baby was fine but they suspect i might have gallstones! Also had severe dehydration but i havent been vomiting and drinking loads so to keep an eye on that too. I hadto leave work sick last night and i think im going to have to take tonight off too. I was on antibiotics and just assumed it was them causing the pain but it just got progressivly worse. Poor hubby thought i was in labour haha!

If it is gallstones they told me theres nothing to be done until after pregnancy! How on earth am i going to manage! Anyone else anything similar? Ive heard peopke going on low fat diets to manage but i havent been able to cope with anything fatty from start of pregnancy. My diet is ptetty much potatoes veg and fruit i cant stand much else.

Oh bless you.. I've never had them but my Grandma did many years ago and I remember her being in agony with them.. I have heard that they wont remove them until after the pregnancy but have no idea how you can alleviate the symptoms :( So sorry, hope it feels better soon xx

I suffered from some gall stone attacks in my early adult years and omg was that painful as hell!!! I'm so sorry you're going through that and I hope that they can at least put off your pain a little !! How long until baby comes ?
All the hugs from the us <3

I had gall stones last year and my gall bladder removed. I really, really feel for you having to deal with that pain. It really is a no-fat diet until baby is born and you can have the op. Also, when the pain was really bad for me I used to push in just under my breastbone and a little to the right to try and dislodge the stone that was stuck (that's what causes the pain). It did work a few times! I hope you have no more attacks! Any questions feel free to ask me :) x

Awk thanks for the support. It really does hurt its ridiculous. I seem to be having atracks in evening but there is no pattern to it at the minute, ruled out food. Just trying to get by at the minute. If it gets really bad they said they will admit me for pain relief. Just three months left hoping it flies in!

Well the no fat diet is fine. I only eat veg fruits and potatoes, i cant stomach anything else! Ive found putting pressure just under breastbone eases it a little must be moving the stone then! Still waiting on an ultrasound but my blood results are all up the left so have to see my GP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back