Postnatal check

Rachel

Reaction score
I've got my postnatal check on Friday and I don't know what to expect, I never bothered to go after having Nathan :oops: So I've never had one before. What will they do?

I know they talk about contraception at this appointment but I've no idea what I want to use? Im single so not having sex now anyway but I feel abit embarrassed telling the doctor that :oops: I'd rather not bother with anything atm because im not having sex anyway and would prefer to go and get contraception sorted out when I meet someone :?

I had mine a couple weeks ago. I was surprised at how little they did. I had a c section and they didn't even look at or ask about my scar! We talked a lot about PND and then contraception. I didn't want the mini pill as I didn't get on with it last time and I'm not comfortable with the other things right now, so they gave me some condoms. Maybe you could just ask for condoms? They were very keen for me to leave with some kind of contraceptive and that way you'd have them in case of an emergency.

After I had James at my 6 week check the doctor checked my blood pressure, asked how I was and had a look at my lady bits to see if my tear had healed ok.

This time at the 8 week check with Logan the doctor didn't check me at all and didn't ask how I was, only if I'd thought about contraception. It seems to vary depending where you live though.

My check was a waste of time. The nurse weighed me, took my blood pressure and asked me about how i was feeling. I was in there for about 4 mins if that. She didnt check my scar or my tummy or anything.

Oh right :? Is it really worth me going then? I feel fine, have no tears that need checking and don't need contraception atm and could just go to the doctors when I need it :think:

I was wondering this too tbh, mines friday too and i'm 99.9% certain i'm not getting PND and i had no tears so they dont need to check my lady bits, however i may be interested in contraception :think:

I'll prob go anyway just cos i'm a goody goody who has to atend it all when it comes to pregnancy and baby :roll:

There was no clue whatsoever that I was gonna get pnd when I had my 8 week check, I didn't get any signs at all until I stopped breastfeeding at 11 weeks, possibly caused by the drop in hormones :(

If I needed contraception or thought I may have PND then I would definately go but as I don't it seems like a pointless visit going by what you have said :? :think:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back