post pregnancy swelling, anyone else?

Emma.b

Reaction score
Evening ladies. Just looking for a little info.

I never had a problem with swelling at all through my pregnancy yet now he's here my feet have ballooned! Not sure if I should be concerned or not? :/

Has anyone else noticed there feet swell after they've had there baby?

Xxxx

Hi firstly congratulations!
I didn't have any swelling after the birth but suffered terribly during the last few weeks when it was really warm. It didn't go down until about two weeks after he was born either! I think you will probably still be retaining a lot of water so soon after the birth and the warm weather won't help! X

Oh yeah! I made a similar thread back then. My feet weren't fitting in my oh opened snickers...I had to buy a huge size men slippers just to move around...the swelling was all the way up to my knees and lasted around 2 weeks then gradually got better. God that was such a nightmare and so uncomfortable and painful :( I really feel for you xx

Emma my ankles and feet were HuGE for about a week after having Freddie- they looked like an old lady's cankles. I literally mean they were humongous. But 2 weeks pp and I'm back in my favourite flip flops that I haven't been able to wear since being pregnant. I'm also wearing my engagement ring again :) I'd just advise drinking lots of water and I promise they'll go down x

Yes- the swelling after giving birth was worse than it ever was whilst pregnant! I was in hospital for a while, so I asked if it was normal, and was told that it was all the excess fluid making its way out. My feet were HUGE for a good 2 weeks, and my wedding and engagement rings felt tight for about a month. :)

Yep swelling here post birth too! Just drink plenty and feet elevated when u can! Massive congrats on baby emma!!! :) xxx

For the first 5 days after giving birth I had beach balls for feet, even though I had nothing like that during the pregnancy. And they were sweaty as anything lol!

I ballooned after Aaron - couple that with my poo turning black (due to iron tablets) and I phoned my MW thinking I was dying :rotfl:

Apparently its all perfectly normal :lol:

My feet and legs were swollen after having Alex, which was SO uncomfortable as it was boiling hot, and because I was in hospital for a few days they made me wear horrible compression stockings :( Oh god, and thinking of them has just reminded me of the hideousness of having the (only) male midwife have to put them back on me after I'd had my shower. I think I'll go back to pretending that didn't happen :shakehead:

Anyway, it's normal but I do hope that it calms down for you soon, it's horrid :hug:

I ballooned after Aaron - couple that with my poo turning black (due to iron tablets) and I phoned my MW thinking I was dying :rotfl:
:rofl: I had a moment about 1.5 weeks after giving birth when I made OH take me to the out of hours GP at about midnight as I spent most of the evening lying on the bed curled up thinking I was going to die - turned out I was just reacting to the cocktail of antibiotics I was taking, definitely wasn't dying :oooo:

My feet and legs were swollen after having Alex, which was SO uncomfortable as it was boiling hot, and because I was in hospital for a few days they made me wear horrible compression stockings :( Oh god, and thinking of them has just reminded me of the hideousness of having the (only) male midwife have to put them back on me after I'd had my shower. I think I'll go back to pretending that didn't happen

My MW had to come in and dry me and dress me after my shower because I fainted. There was blood everywhere it was not pretty and she had to put a pad on my and everything. I was a royal mess - and yes I've blocked that from my memory too!

My MW had to come in and dry me and dress me after my shower because I fainted. There was blood everywhere it was not pretty and she had to put a pad on my and everything. I was a royal mess - and yes I've blocked that from my memory too!
Oh dear, that does sound horrific - wipe it from your mind quickly, it didn't happen :) It reminds me though... (oh god, we might have got into a vicious spiral of post birth memories here)... they tried to get me to have a shower about eight hours after giving birth - as soon as I was up off the bed I felt faint, started shaking and blood just poured out of me, down my legs and all over the floor, the MW just sighed and told me to get back into bed - and left me there in blood soaked compression stockings for hours - nice :roll:

I could almost feel the fluid swishing around in my feet they were that swollen after I gave birth. They wobbled when I walked. Horrific!x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back