Post partum haemorrage

Mrs N

Reaction score
Not sure if this is the right place to post this but wanted to know if anyone had experienced post partum haemorrage with your first baby and gone on to have more children?
I lost 1.35 litres of blood giving birth to my little man alongside an infection in my womb and pre elcampsia and I have been told that I can have other children and that they would have the drugs on hand to contract the uterus in a uv drip as I give birth. I also got told that I would be best to have a caesarian.
I wondered if anyone else had experience of this and what the implications were for you? I would like other children but im not sure I could go through the same things as I went through last time?
xxxx

I lost 1.5l of blood after having my lo and nothing was mentioned to me about it having any implications for next time x

Thats good to hear, the midwifes just said that they would have all the drugs ready next time and advised a caesarian but I think it is all a bit raw at the moment!!
xxx

I had PPH with my first, think i lost just over a litre. It did happen with my second, but was 700ml i think. So i had a drip put in my hand with my third as soon as she came out, and i didnt have a PPH :)

I'll have to let u know what happens with this next one, but it is planned that i have the drip again as soon as hes born.

That is interesting, did they say why they think that you had the haemorrage?? Apparently in america they give every woman the drugs to contract the uterus!! I think that if they have the option to stop it then I dont understand why they let people bleed!
xxx

I've done it every time and every time I've lost more blood then the time before so I'm a little scared as now coming up due with my 4th only difference with me is I've never got to hospital in time for them to give me the drip in my hand, with my 3rd I got there 3 mins before he was born and the bleed was terrible after had 2 mw and a doctor working on my it was worse then the labour.

Hopefully if you get to the hospital they will be able to control it wile your in labour I'm really stressing about it more then the birth.

THat is why im not sure I will have another coz I am scared about it happening again!! Going to see a gynea doctor to get some answers I think!!
xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back