Post partum body..

katieelisexo

Reaction score
Hello :)

I had my little boy a week and a bit ago, and I seem to be getting all the physical pains of pregnancy which I didn't have during pregnancy - if that makes sense?!

I feel like I have PGP in my hips/pelvis - when i lay down my hips burn - my whole body aches and I have swollen feet still! :(

Also, I had an epi during labour and my urethra is absolutely killing still!

Please tell me this is normal?!

xxxxx

It takes time for your body to recover, epi sometimes can cause headaches/back pain though so keep an eye on it xxx

Tapatalking so cant see signatures

I had a section and I didn't actually feel physically back to my old self until my LO was about 12 weeks. My swollen legs took a good few weeks to go down, can't remember when exactly. I still get aches and pains now, just over four months on and my stomach muscles are completely knackered!

It will take a few weeks/months for things to settle back down, but you will feel better. If in any doubt, ring your MV or labour ward who will be able to check on you. I had to go back into the labour ward about a week after I had my LO cos I had blinding headaches!

My LO is 12 weeks tmrw and I still have very painful joints and a sore back. The joint pain apparently could be due to a hormone called 'Relaxin' that is released during labour to help your pelvis widen naturally for baby to come out. It can take some time for these aches and pains to go...but if you are worried speak to your GP or HV xx

Definitely give yourself more time! My lo is 8 months and I still don't feel totally 'normal' lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back