Post-Natal Hormones...

Rosebay

Reaction score
Hi,

just a quick question. It's 11 days since I had Elliott and I've just managed to start catching up with some sleep but I've noticed the last few days that come about 6 o clock in the evening I get all tearful for no reason. Kind of like I want my Mum if you know what I mean? I just get a bit overpowered by it all, but nothing in particular triggers it. Since I'm sleeping from 7-11.30 and then taking the night shift in the spare room with him as my DH is having to work still being a freelancer (managed to get another 5 hours after midnight last night- woo hoo- 9 1/2 in 24!) it might just be extreme tiredness before my bedtime but I wondered if it was all these stray hormones leaving my system?

Anyone else? If so how long did it last? Or do I just want my Mum to come back! (Answer:yes!! She left Sunday- she was so calm about baby stuff she was fabulous!)

+++

I heard at parentcraft it is normal to feel like this a few days after giving birth and it should pass but if it doesn't or gets worse speak to your health visitor. Although if you're anything like me it will be a case of 'I want my mum!!' lol

I've heard that that's part of why women get a bit weepy after the birth is that you've been 'high' on pregnancy hormones for months and now they're slipping away. And having a baby is a pretty overpowering experience! And you probably do want your mum!!

As Kim says, if it doesn't pass, talk to someone about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back