post baby tummy

pixie17

Reaction score
does your stomach go down in size a bit just after giving birth or does it take time? also are all post baby tums flabby?

Hey hun....mine was quite big afterwards....I had a section....now four months on its gone down LOADS! I wouldn't say it back to normal as I put three stone on!!! (oops)....have managed to lose 1.5 so far and it's definately on the way to normal so really it doesn't take too long xx

Sent from my sparkly new 4s!!!

Mine was pretty flat after about a week, breast feeding helps it contract loads! Still got a little bulge as my abs have stayed separated so I'm seeing the physio to help with that then I can get back to the gym to get the definition back. Think it varies person to person and whether you have a c section or not. before my son my abs were my best bit so Im keen to get them back to normal, you def can manage it with patience and work as I did after my DD, so try not to worry x

Mine was like a deflated balloon, the skin was all wrinkled and flabby but there was nothing in there lol! It's just about back to normal now, after 4 months getting back into working out :)

i remember looking down after id given birth and thinking "what the hell is that still doing there??" but day by day i saw it noticeably go down over night.. i think i lost 2 and a half stone by the time Ella was 5 weeks old... ive got another stone to go but i feel like im doing well... a random woman came up to me and said how flat my stomach was to say how little my baby was i was well chuffed :D haha xx

Yeah I get more people touching my belly now (saying how it's gone back to normal), than when I was pregnant! lol

Mine was big but jelly for a few days now 2 weeks on it ha gone down loads but still wobbly lol

my friend got the jelly belly effect. I had a section and that was early at 38 and 2 days. where as she went 11 days over with her son. So I think I just got away with my tummy getting too big and stretched to have the jelly belly effect. I did get stretches but not that many. It was still out alittle after my son was 4 months but what with pregnancy number two I'm not that worried about it now for at least till after baby is born x

It took 2 weeks for uterus to go back, I still looked 30 weeks pregnant for most of that time. But after 2 months it was pretty much back to normal, which is um a little bit "fat" haha. But im back in to size 14 and hope to get into my 12s by 6months.

BF really does help...

I had a csection, So i have that skin "fold" line :( And loads of stretchmarks that just make my tummy wrinkly now lol. kinda gross, but its my mommy marks, so im proud of them

I got the jelly belly... Took a while for that to go... Now I'm just fat ha ha xx

Ohh, I found something that might help this thread :p

Here is a picture of me at 40 weeks. And then 4 Days post CSection. , Still a pooch there, but definately shrunk :p

Attachments

• 40 Weeks (1).JPG
    40 Weeks (1).JPG
    26 KB · Views: 17
  • 4 days after section.jpg
    4 days after section.jpg
    194.5 KB · Views: 16
And this was 6 weeks after x hope that helps :)

Attachments

• 6 Weeks After.jpg
    6 Weeks After.jpg
    437.9 KB · Views: 11
Wow mamakat, you look great. Did you diet/exercise to get that figure back?

Mine's very almost flat already. I was horrified when I first saw it all wrinkly and deflated, but it goes back quite quickly. Linea nigra is still around though, looking absolutely hideous.

Wow mamakat, you look great. Did you diet/exercise to get that figure back?

I had issues with my incision line. So have only got back to working out in the last couple months. Dieting is my friend :p Wasnt that early though cause I was breastfeeding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back