post baby belly

Discussion in 'Ask a Mum!' started by Kimbo, Dec 19, 2007.

1. Kimbo

Kimbo Well-Known Member

what's everyones bellys like after you've given birth??
    i dont mean straight away, i mean after you've been dieting for a while, are you left with a saggy belly?

how did you shift it? or is it still with you??

2. Babylicious

Babylicious Well-Known Member

mine practically went back, but then I'm a gym freak :rotfl: Shame the stretch marks didn't dissapear though

3. SarahH

SarahH Well-Known Member

I'll let you know when, when it happens!!! :rotfl:

4. leckershell

leckershell Well-Known Member

mines gone back down, my stretch marks are visible still but not that bad. just got a little flabby bit where the skin stretched, but for 4 months after having a baby i don't think that's too bad at all. i'm a size 10 now instead of an 8-10, but i feel healthier for it.

5. Sammystar

Sammystar Well-Known Member

well I've got three, and mine's gone flat again......BUUUUUUUUT.......it's kind of gone all 'loose' if you know what I mean, the skin is a bit saggy :puke:
    I'd prefer a rounder belly with tighter skin to be honest.

:oops: no pleasing some people I suppose!

6. maybebaby

maybebaby Well-Known Member

I was a size 12 before I was pregnant but thanks to breastfeeding I'm now a size 10 :cheer:

My belly is still a bit saggy, it's not so elastic as it was before and is harder to suck in! It's a bit flabby but the stretch marks have mostly faded and aren't as noticeable. I certainly wouldn't go around in a short top, and haven't dared to try on a bikini since being pregnant, but it's not as bad as I expected.

Hang on a sec & I'll try to get a photo if you want.

Yuck - 9 months later:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Hee hee still got my linea nigra (teddy bear belly)!

7. Krystal

Krystal Well-Known Member

hmmmm mine is still there :cry: to be fair though, i'm the one who hasn't dieted/gone to gym so I have only myelf to blame.. once new year over I am def getting rid of it, I'm a size 14 :cry: used to be size 10

8. bonny

bonny Well-Known Member

Mine went back down but i was left with some saggy skin but nothing i care to much about.

9. elaine22

elaine22 Well-Known Member

Mine went back down fairly quickly with breastfeeding

10. mrs_tommo22

mrs_tommo22 Well-Known Member

Im still a fat *******!!!! but have made no effort at all - so my fault!

11. Lou

Lou Well-Known Member

I did sit ups for a few weeks and my tummy went square :shock: Didnt keep them up though :doh: Too much like hard work :wink:

12. muppetmummy

muppetmummy Well-Known Member

Mine's never been the same since, even when I got back to a size 10 my tummy was still a bit saggy. I didn't put much effort into toning it up to be honest though

13. trixipaws

trixipaws Well-Known Member

i still looked a bit pregnant for a few days after giving birth, but my tummy went down quite quickly (its true that when ur breast-feeding u can FEEL ur tummy pulling back down!!!)
    now im the exact same SHAPE as i was before i was pregnant, but im bigger all over (i was underweight before tho)

14. paradysso

paradysso Well-Known Member

im going to find a pic of mine, i had a well saggy belly

15. gems

gems Well-Known Member

My belly has gone flat already. Is still a bit squishy but I haven't started any dieting or exercise yet. I am really suprised at how quickly it has gone down and I am not breast feeding. I only managed to breast feed for a week and a half. xxxx

16. leckershell

leckershell Well-Known Member

agreed :D

17. Squiglet

Squiglet Well-Known Member

Well mine never looked the same again... Stretch marks stayed forever and the skin was always saggy looking... I used to do sit ups endlessly over and over again some times hundreds a day... tried every miracle cream I could lay my hands on... and did it ever go back... :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: Yea right... I breast fed for 9 months and while my weight went back there was always this half stone I couldn't shift...

tbh after 5 years you come to the conclusion it's never going to look right ever again... :rotfl:

18. Kimbo

Kimbo Well-Known Member

thanks everyone :D

maybebaby, i wish my belly looked like that before i got pregnant!!! :lol:

19. Tangerinedream

Tangerinedream Well-Known Member

My belly looks the way it did before except with strech marks. I was a size 16 before getting pg and am back down to that now. It is still quite wobbily but not nearly as much as the first few weeks lol. The skin at the bottom of my tum (just above my bikini line)is really strechy, I can pinch it and pull it and it strech it and it doesnt hurt :oops: :rotfl:

20. amzhunny

amzhunny Well-Known Member

i have been dieting since i had Amber but proporly for about a month now with exercise and i have lost stone and a half!

I was a size 10 before currently a 14 but i am confident another month or two i will be back.

My belly was saggy but with the exercise i am doing it is tightening up and can feel it.

If you put the effort in after birth if your not lucky enough for it to disappear you will be fine....just make sure you take the 6 weeks as advised to re-coup before any exercise.