Possible induction

Blueclass

Reaction score
Hi ladies I went to hospital last night with reduced movements again, I was in Tues night too. This was the 5th time it has happens. I'm going for a growth scan on Thursday but I think she will be ok as I measured what I am. I think she must turn inward and then I can't feel anything so I panic. When they put me on the machine she moved around of course so I looked a little silly but at least I know she was ok.
They have now booked me in to see a consultant on Wednesday to discuss induction as it has happened 5 times and I am only 36 weeks. They said they doubt they will let me go passed 40 weeks and 36 is to early so will most likely induce between next week and 40. I am terrified of induction but at the same time think well she might be better of out than in. I'm not sure if I can opt for a section? Part of me wants to wait but I'm scared I will think she is ok she must have turned inward and then something terrible happens. I had a dream last I had induction and died lol I know it sounds very dramatic but I am generally scared to death. I can't wait to meet my little girl but not sure I want induction.
Arg I don't know what's for the best. I wonder if it's my own fault and maybe I'm being to paranoid about her movements. It is crazy to think she could be here by next week as well.
My appointment is Wednesday and il be 37 weeks on Fri, has anyone had this and how long did they leave you till you was induced? How likely is it il go in Wednesday and be told to come back Fri?

Sorry for the long post and lots of questions!

I can't answer your last questions chick as I'm on my first but I'm a firm believer that we should all trust our gut instincts & if they're telling you the movements aren't right then you're not being paranoid, also your gut instinct will tell you what's the best :)
Did they tell you why the movements were reduced?

No they said she seems happy in there. It could be that she turns and moves towards the back and that's why I can't feel it. I totally agree that could be the case but then I don't know if that's what she is doing. To me I just haven't felt her move or move as much. Then I think we'll how long do you leave it before you worry I always give a few hours at least. I'm positive that is the case but as I say I worry and what if the one time I think oh.its coz she is facing my back and don't go something is wrong.
I know I sound crazy lol this is my first and I mc before this so guess I'm really para. I'm also ridiculous scared of giving birth and know people have done it from the beginning of time but I just have major anxiety issues.
Thank you for replying z

I totally understand where you're coming from. I constantly worry too over movements. I went up a couple weeks ago as hadn't felt my normal movements for 2 days but all was fine & the midwives really are lovely & reassuring aren't they. Ah yeah labour petrified me too but, they've got to come out some how!! Eeeekkk!!

I know I'd rather be put to sleep then woken up and handed a baby lol. They are great and I saw the same doctor last night as I did Tuesday and he said I did the right thing ect..
I'd rather wait for her to come but only if she keeps moving like I know her to lol. I have a feeling they will induce me though. X

Aw me dear... it is a bit terrifying not knowing what to expect. We first timers just have nothing to go on! If it helps, all the induction stories I've heard on here and from random people have mainly been extremely positive - just like normal labour but with a little kick start! I'm fairly sure the ones you see on tv when it makes the process longer or makes it difficult are not the norm. I was dead against it at first, but now much less so.
I suppose it has to happen sometime, and as you say, better out than in if you're constantly worrying about movements. I know they say all the stuff about drinking a cold drink and lying down on your side etc, but if they're facing the wrong way, that doesn't help! I don't if you try talking to her or singing, or playing music? That seems to get a little wriggle out of mine if it's quiet.
Once the birth is over with though, it's over - they say you forget the worst when you have them in your arms anyway! Let us know what happens ;-)

I can't really give you the answers to your questions but as you know I was induced after my 7th episode of reduced movements and the fact he was measuring small. I was 37+5 when I was induced.

The consultant were more concerned about the extreme reduced movements over the weekend (was in 3 times over 2 days) than his size though as the reason for induction. I know that ultimately it is your choice whether to be induced though and they probably wouldn't offer it before 37 weeks. They may offer monitoring via ctg either daily or 2 weekly if they don't offer induction if that is want you would prefer. Not sure about opting for a c section though.

I think if you are happy with the ctg traces and her movements and want to avoid induction then maybe opt for more monitoring until you are closer to term as induction will likely go better than than at 37 weeks xx

Hi blueclass, i had an induction with my 17month little boy due to 3episodes of reduced movement. I was 40weeks 2days, I'm probably going to get induced at 39 weeks this time cos of my age. If I'm honest I really didnt want induction this time , I want the experience of going into labour naturally this time, but obv for you and everyone else the midwives /consultants will do what they think best. My last induction wasn't too bad, they broke my waters at 6am, put me on the drip at 8am and I had him at 9pm, contractions were quite intense due to drip but were bearable, the part I didn't like was being hooked up to.machine so couldn't really move about, and my little monkey was back to back so spent all my labour laid over a stool with bum in air cos I couldn't lie down �� I think if I had option on section or induction I would go through the induction again. But you have to decide on what will be best for you �� good luck �� xx

They did say it won't be until 37 weeks and they won't let me go beyond 40 weeks but will maybe have a date Wednesday. Kanga you induction didn't sound to bad and iv read others that sound ok to. I guess it's going to hurt regardless of when she comes out. I was in Tues and then last night which I think is why they are now saying induction. If she didn't turn inwards I'd be fine lol as I'd feel her instead she turns her back on me lol and then scares me. I think after reading that devastating story last week I just don't want to take changes and as this is my first I never know what's normal and what isn't. I am excited at the thought of having here though so I can see her and know she is ok. I will ask them some questions on Wednesday about it and see what they say.
How is everything now is he doing ok? X

I think I was very lucky with my induction as I was able to skip the first step of the gel or pessary and could go straight to breaking my waters. Usually the getting to the breaking of waters stage is the longest from what I have read. Thing is you have no idea how induction or a natural labour will go as both can be just as quick as mine or end up long winded and end with a c section.

I agree though I couldn't wait to get him here and see that he was safe especially with barely feeling him for 3 days. And if the consultant didn't suggest induction I think would have tried to push for it to happen sooner rather than later. They may not give you all the answers on Wednesday if you have a scan on Thursday as that is what they were waiting for for me over the weekend and just got me in for daily monitoring. As the scan can give them more insight to how she is doing, just make sure you stress how anxious it makes you. I hope you get a date for induction though.

Alfie is doing brilliantly, they found nothing to suggest why his movements drastically dropped or why he was small, but they did say it was for the best as he was only on the 8th centile. He is settling into the family well and the boys are doing good with him, took him to his 1st birthday party today and he had everyone cooing over him! xx

Aww that's lovely kanga. It's good his doing so well and glad his home. I'm going to try and get the scan moved to Tuesday so they will have answers on Wednesday. I think it was who said my scan was Tues as I got mixed up with appointments. X

That would be good if you can switch the scan date so you can get a plan of action on Wednesday from the consultant. Being in limbo is the worst feeling, keep us updated as to what they say xx

I went in with reduced movements just twice, one at 31weeks and one at 36 and they gave me a sweep at 39+0. Didn't work, now 39+3 and been in since yesterday being induced that doesn't seem to be working either atm. They dont hang around with reduced movements. They also keep a close eye on you when you do go into labour as its bumps up your risk. But the choice is ultimately yours. I was offered the sweep, I didn't have to accept it. If you do choose not to be induced they can give you extra monitoring instead. Xx

I went in with reduced movements just twice, one at 31weeks and one at 36 and they gave me a sweep at 39+0. Didn't work, now 39+3 and been in since yesterday being induced that doesn't seem to be working either atm. They dont hang around with reduced movements. They also keep a close eye on you when you do go into labour as its bumps up your risk. But the choice is ultimately yours. I was offered the sweep, I didn't have to accept it. If you do choose not to be induced they can give you extra monitoring instead. Xx

Hi may I ask is this ur 1st baby? I really want a water birth and naturally go into labour. I was up till about 2 am again thinking about things and now wide awake again. I'm thinking I'd like to wait till at least 40 weeks with maybe just extra monitoring x

No its my third. They haven't kept too much of a close eye but I'm not in established labour so I might change, the midwife did say son hospitals have a monitor that you can use in water so you could still have a water birth with induction. So maybe speak to your midwife/doctor. I had a water birth with my first two so I was really wanting one this time so I'm really disappointed and upset I cant and it is hard being constantly in hospital from start to finish. The choice I yours though, they will offer daily monitoring if you refuse induction.

Today I am having my consultant meeting at 9 am to discuss things and the possibility of induction. I didn't sleep at all last night thinking about this and going back to work after a week and half of. I'm hoping we can come to an agreement. I'm feeling super emotional so il end up crying for no reason, I can see it already. Anyway il update after with regards to when and how baby will most like be making an entrance into this world. X

Good luck today, least it is an early appt so not too much longer to wait xx

I know think I'm just nervous. I want her here so much but I don't want her to early and as I said I'm scared haha. Xx

I know it is scary. I feel really strange having Alfie here 16 days early as I shouldn't even be due yet, but he is 8 days old now! I miss being pregnant and the excitement of wondering if I'm going into labour, yet I feel relieved it is over and I don't have to worry anymore xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back