Possible induction at 36 Weeks due to poor growth.. *Update Pg 1*

SaraLouise

Reaction score
Hello mummies,

Hope you and your bubbas are doing well!

Just wondering if anybody else has been induced early due to poor growth from their babies?

This is a possibility for me as I have had very reduced movement and his growth as started to tail off.. (he has always been just over the 50th centile, and from the scan yesterday it showed that he has now dropped down to below 20th).

I was wondering what your experiences were like; How were you induced? How did you find it? Did it end in C-section or assisted delivery? ECT ECT..

I know I am getting ahead of myself as I could go in, and his growth be back up to perfect but I would just like to be mentally prepared!

Thanks,
Sara x

Last edited:
Hi Hun no experience of poor growth but was induced with my first due to high bp and it actually did end in csection due to being in labour for 3 days and only dilating 2cm good luck Hun x

Hey, I had an emergency c section as I had pre eclampsia and this caused poor growth. They think my jack stopped growing at 30 weeks but it was only picked up at 34 week scan. I didn't know till 2 days before. In my mind it was the thought that my baby was better out than in. My jack was 3lbs 14oz when born.he is now 9 weeks old and weighs 7lbs 6oz. So please don't worry Hun, it's all for the best. Xxx

I've not had any experience of this myself but my sister in law was told she would be induced due to her baby girl having poor growth. The day she was told must have shocked her as she went into labour that night and had little Seraph Millie naturally, she was 5lb 2oz and is now a gorgeous bossy 1 year old :) xxx

Awh I'm so nervous! I really hope his growth improves :)

I had pre-eclampsia and they tried inducing, ended up doing an emergency section. It was only when I was hospitalised with the severe pre-eclampsia that they realised how small my LO actually was. A pre-delivery scan suggested she would be 4lb 9oz and she was actually only 3lb 11oz! It was definitely better that she was out of me and being fed and growing than inside.

36 weeks is almost term. Please try not to worry if they do need to induce you - your baby will be absolutely fine, I'm sure. Below the 20th is small, but not too tiny (mine was <0.4th centile at birth!). Also, at 36 weeks because they're almost term they just look like very mini babies rather than properly premature. Everything is up and ready for birth, e.g. my LO didn't need oxygen or anything.

Oh, and she's now a healthy and happy 15 month old who shot up the centiles like there was no tomorrow and is currently sitting between the 9th and 25th! :)

I hope everything goes well for you x

Hi already spoken to you on your thread in third tri but I was induced at 35 weeks because Grace had stopped growing from the growth scan two weeks before.

I had the pessary in at 8am (ish) was told to go walk around for a few hours & came back to go on monitor Graces heart deceled a bit & they broke my waters & put me on the hormone drip. I stayed 2cm dilated for 18 hours & then between 8am and 10am on the 1st of may got from 2cm to 10cm and ready to push! Had Grace at 10.27. Contractions only felt intense for 10/20 mins. Over all looking back it wasn't a bad experience. Obviously at the time I hated my life cuz it was painful lol, but now it's all just a blur.

As another mommy said (sorry only skimmed) it is better baby out than in in some cases and not to worry too much. I hope all goes well at your next growth scan :) xx

I went in to be induced but after 3 pessarys its failed and i ended up having a emergancy section. Xx

My baby didn't stop growing but i was induced but the induction didn't work, i was in labour when i got to the hospital but due to Sebastian getting his head stuck in my cervix and it refusing to dilate past 3cms I had to have a c-section!..:)

As the other ladies have said, its for the best and try not to worry :)

Oh god, a week today I could be going in to have my bubba! X

hi hun, been wondering about how ur getting on? when do u find out ? is it next week??you will be absolutely fine hun, i promise. as i said before i had a c section at 34+5 and he weighed 3lbs 14oz. well i had him weighed yesterday, he is nearly 10 weeks old and he now weighs 8lb 10oz!! so try not too worry my lovely.xxx

Well, it has now been decided his time is up. My induction is tomorrow and I'm very nervous but also happy that he's made it to 39 weeks, I know that hes much safer now than he would have been at 36 weeks!

Hopefully it'll be a nice and easy induction as I had a stretch & sweep on Monday and I was already 2cm dilated with a very low & favourable cervix and bulging waters, so I am hoping I won't need the pessary & they can just go straight to breaking my waters!

I really really really hope that I can have him naturally, but I am aware that the chances of it ending up in a c-sec is much higher too so I am preparing myself for both.

Is there anything special I need to take for an induced birth that I wouldn't have already packed in my hospital bag?

Nope! If you're all prepared with your hospital bag, that'll be just fine!

I'm so pleased to hear you've made it to 39 weeks. I hope you'll be able to have a natural birth, but a c-section isn't as bad as I thought it would be.

Good luck! I hope everything goes well x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back