Possible early labour??

Mase

Reaction score
Can anyone offer advice please, I've had a sweep yesterday and was 2cm dilated and have been losing my mucus plug - alot of it since then. I've also been having contractions every 5-6 mins which are more painful in my back which eased off.

My question is - has anyone else experienced anything similar? Also how long did early labour last for you.

I'd really appreciate your responses please.

I had labour in my back (for the first 5 ish hours) with my first and hardly felt anything in my tummy at all!
They could come and go all day.
Just keep an eye on them and your doing right timing them.
If the pain progresses or they become closer in time I'd ring the hospital for advice. They know what they are doing :) good luck hunny x

Thank you, I've been like this for a few days now it's just frustrating x

I was in latent phase for a week at 4cm. Make yourself a safe nest at home, watch good films, eat your favourite foods, stay well hydrated and have lots of sex!

Early labour was roughly 10 hours for me. Started just as I went to bed around 11.30 at night, just tightenings and little waves of discomfort. I slept through a few hours of it then they started to become more frequent and more painful, woke me with each contraction then it started getting really uncomfortable around 5am. Started timing them, had a bath, got ready etc then went to birth centre around 10am and I was 2-3cm. Just over 4 hours later my son was born.
Don't go by the 5min apart minute long rule before going in. Many women only have contractions every 15 min or so right to the end, others like myself have them constantly right from the start (they were 3 min apart for a minute long from 5am).
As others say just try to relax and keep yourself busy if possible and it will pass quicker.
Good luck, and try to enjoy the experience!! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back