Possible blighted ovum?

AcrylicAbi

Reaction score
Hello. Before I post may I just send everyone my love!!

Eleven days ago I decided to go and have an early scan. My last period was 4th January and had nothing since, however prior to that I had a coil taken out after two years on the 15th December and then put on the pill so hormones were all over the place.

So the scan;

She found an empty sac of liquid and also found I had water on my pelvis however, after an hour she found the gestation sac right at the top of my uterus and yolk sac was seen. Measured 5mm but she requested I came back for a rescan. Which I did yesterday, the sac has grown to 15mm however still no baby to be seen and just the yolk sac. She said it's very early on however she put me 5wks at the first scan and then yesterday said I was measuring 5-6wks. She was expecting to see a later developed 6wk nearing 7wk foetus but that wasn't seen. She can't tell me that the pregnancy hasn't progressed until I go back in two weeks. The waiting and not knowing is killing me!! This is a private scan btw.

I'm going for bloods today and again on Thursday which should identify whether my Hc levels are rising.

Has anyone experienced this? No heat beat was detected either but she said some don't show until 7wks.

On the flip side, I don't feel pregnant. I did, I had sickness and had the need for bacon. But both gone now. But I've had no bleeding.

Any thoughts would be fantastic right now, positive or negative.

The waiting is horrible but unfortunately it takes time to figure out what's going on. It doesn't sound like you've had two weeks of growth in between your scans if I'm reading correctly, if you were put at 5 weeks two weeks ago then you should be 7 weeks by now and there should have been a fetal pole with a heartbeat. Hopefully the blood tests will give you some indication of what's going on. Good luck x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back