Positive then negative test. Which is right?

Neve Frances

Reaction score
I am eight days late for my period and have started to have some pregnancy symptoms (nausea, fatigue and tender breasts). I took a test on 15.01.23 which had a very faint line. I was unsure whether this was a positive result or just an evaporation line. The next day, I decided to get a Clear Blue digital test which then read as ‘not pregnant’. I took the test at different times of the day which could have affected it, but I am just not sure which to believe. Any advice?

My partner and I had a miscarriage last May and have been trying ever since. It has been a really tough time and the mixed messages from the results have really affected and upset us both. We just wish we knew for sure.

BF6B8BFD-3F3A-4765-B8DD-1653B9E109CB.jpeg FD356FB3-01C7-4B70-9FF7-5155F33B1EB0.jpeg

I'm sorry you're going through this, it's so hard isn't it! Your test with the line is definitely positive and they're more sensitive than the clear blue ones but I would expect it to be darker for how far along you are and for the clear blue to be positive by now! Could you have ovulated later than you thought? I'd try doing another of the first response tests (the line one) tomorrow or when you get another one, with your first wee of the day and see if the line is any darker. Good luck, I really hope this is it for you xx

Hi, I am so sorry you are going through this. Early home tests might be false negative, the min date you can test is 10 DPO. I also came across the helpful article on how nutrition can help boost chances of getting pregnant afer mcs (here) Hope this helps. Fingers crossed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back