positive test and urine infection

Krystal

Reaction score
Hi Girls :wave:

Just a question for you all, my close friend unfortunately had a miscarriage a few months ago, this month she felt as though she might have a water infection so went to the docs who gave her a course of antibiotics, whilst she was collecting from Chemist she got herself a pregnancy test as she was paranoid about taking anything in case she was. Well it was a positive :cheer: I'm so pleased for her as she really deserves this happiness. She's now a little paranoid and wondering if an infection could make her have a false positive? Do you think this could be the case? I tend to think not but not 100% sure.

PS I hope this is right place as wasn't sure where to put it :doh:

no UTIs can't give fake positives :D real congratulations to her :cheer:

Aaawwwwwwww congratulations to your friend, what a wonderful surprise :hug: :hug: :hug:

Thought you were pregnant again there hehe :lol:

Redshoes said:
Thought you were pregnant again there hehe :lol: [/color]

:lol: I bloody wish, OH says no :roll: He has a point though, we go on a cruise in Aug/September and you can't go if your past 24 weeks pregnant :? So looks like I'll have to wait a bit longer :D

Firstly aawwwwwwwwwww how cute is Jack in your avatar :hug:
And sooooooooooooo envious you're going on a cruise, I'm sure you'll get round to ttc'ing on it :lol:
Very best wishes anyways, sorry to go off topic :hug:

aww thanks RC :hug:

I was thinking we should maybe try on the cruise :lol:

Thanks again hun :hug:

Well you'll be soooooooooooo relaxed and there'll be alcohol, many a babe conceived under those circumstances :D

Congratulations to you friend! She needs to go and get alternative anti-biotics though, like Amoxicillin :)

poppy160 said:
Congratulations to you friend! She needs to go and get alternative anti-biotics though, like Amoxicillin :)

:D Thanks Poppy, she's at docs today so I think she's gonna mention it then. She's also gonna ask for an earlier scan ust to put her mind at rest. I'm sure everything gonna be fine for her though :pray:

HI

No UTI's cannot cause Fake positives. I found out i had a UTI on the same day as i found out i was pregnant. You can safely treat a UTI in pregnancy as there are certain less strong antibiotics they can give you which are safe.

Tell your friend nto to worry - My nurse told me getting a UTI is quite common in early pregnancy and its how a lot of early pregnancy's are found out byt some ladies goingt o seek treatment for a UTI. :)

Congratulations to your friend i hope she has a happy and healthy pregnancy.

LMP x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back