Positive pregnancy test 3 weeks after miscarriage

Balthazar1275

Reaction score
So it's been 3 weeks today since I had medical management for my MMC and today's pregnancy tests was still positive.
I just wanted to know once it does eventually go negative does that mean my body will ovulate or will AF start. Sorry if this seems a stupid question but I really have no idea where I am in my cycle and I know you can ovulate while you still have hCG in your system?
I used to have regular cycles of 27 days before I fell pregnant which would mean AF would be due next week. But last night I had horrendous pain in my uterus and around my hips which might suggest ovulation.
It's just all so confusing!!!

Michelle x

Last edited:
Mine went negative after 3 weeks. Hopefully yours will be soon Hun. I ovulated after mine was negative but have heard the same as you. Xxx

I was hoping mine would be negative by now but I guess my levels are just slow to drop. I haven't been using OPK's so no idea if that's about to happen yet or not. We haven't been having sex anyway as we are not sure if we are ready to get pregnant again even though your meant to be more fertile after miscarriage I am not ready to go through another loss just yet.

Michelle x

Michelle I ovulated on cd21 counting from the first day of bleeding. My hpt's were still very much positive and I still had a faint positive the day before my AF came. The hpt was completely negative when AF was finished. I didn't use opk's but was temping so I know ov day was correct. If you're having ov symptoms then you probably are xx

Mine took 5 weeks to go negative it was so frustrating once I got a negative I ovulated roughy 2 weeks after n af came 14 days after that so in all it took 9 weeks from day of my Erpc to getting af :-/ , I read on google that u can ovulate with a tiny bit of hcg in ur system roughly around 5 miu xx

Mine were always positive until after first af after erpc about 4 weeks on. I'd wait until after your next af to test again. OPKs will be a bit messed up because of the hcg still in your system, so i would just make sure your looking after yourself and getting well again. Especially if your not back to bd yet and don't need to worry about getting pg.

I went back on the pill for a bit (just took it for 4 weeks) after the last mc just to give myself a break from thinking about it all...

Hey

It's 3 weeks today since my D&C and I just got my negative test. There could have been a very very faint line still there but it was hard to tell, defs much lighter than the last test I done on Saturday anyway.

I feel your pain as its just so confusing, have no idea when I'll ovulate or AF will come. Was so keen to get straight back on it but all this waiting is just so frustrating!!!

Hope you get a negative soon xxx

Thanks ladies, it's all so confusing not knowing what's going on inside my body at the moment. Maybe a few cycles break is what I need to figure out where we go from here. I had hoped my tests would be negative and cycles back into a normal rhythm but maybe this is natures way to telling me to chill out and take a break

Michelle x

Hi I got a 'not pregnant' on a digi on cd26, counting cd1 as the day I passed everything with medical management.
I got a positive opk on cd28, and unfortunately got af yesterday, so a full cycle of 37 days, I'm usually 31.
My mc was 11+3 if that helps. Hope you get back to normal soon xxx

details of my mc are becoming more vague! (thank goodness) so can't remember how long my tests were ++ but I do know that once my 10w mc test went neg I ov only 5 days after that - so my body must have been gearing up to ov with hcg still in my system! with both mc I did preg tests every few days until they went neg then started opk.

hope you work out where your body is at soon, even if you are not ttc straight away it's still nice to know what's going on and that your body is doing as it should isn't it?

Mine went negative 14 - 21 days after a ERPC. I then ovulated, which I didn't recognise like I normally do & managed to get pregnant.

CD24 and pregnancy tests are still positive, lines don't look think they are getting any fainter. i have to phone the EPU on Monday and let them know how I am getting on. I guess I just need to be patient my body will get back to normal when it's good and ready. I might pick up some ovulation tests over the weekend just out of curiosity. Would like to see what they are showing

Michelle x

Opks could very well be possitive if u still have gd lines on ur hpts Michele I know I did as I was tracking with both and the opks got fainter just like the hpts , my body is one of the ones that takes ages to rid itself of hcg hormone just like it didnt want to rid itself of the baby inside me :-( , All I wanted was the control back and the control of knowing what my body was doing it was so frustrating just sitting about waiting for it to get no to normal it drove me quite insane wen I think bk , FC it doesn't take long for things to return to normal for you xx

Another day of testing and another positive test. Oh well never mind. On the plus side me and hubby managed to DTD last for the first time in 5 weeks. It was so nice not to have to worry about the timing of sex for TTC. It felt like we were back to the times we had before we even started on this journey. Although none of us used any kind of protection it just felt right and so loving.

Michelle x

When me n dan Dtd the first time after my mc all I wanted was the closeness bk and it was lovely like u say not to be thinking was it gd timing xxx

I was 6 weeks to the day between my medical management and getting my first af. Don't think it'll be much longer hun! xxx

CD30 and pregnancy tests have finally gone completely negative. I have mixed emotions today, sad to see that test go completely negative and know that the pregnancy is well and truly finished but happy that we can finally move on and decide on our next step.
Just need to wait for ovulation now or AF, not sure what happens now

Michelle x

Oh Michelle I too felt mixed about the bfn, sad that its all over but happy that we can try again. I got my bfn a week past on wed, stupidly didn't start opks till Sat and have yet to have a positive. Not sure if I would have gotten a positive Thurs/Fri or if I'm still gearing up to ovulate. I'm not holding out high hopes for this month xxx

I was a bit shocked at how dark the second line was on the opk already. I we expecting it to be very faint. Hopefully it means my body is getting back on track now

Michelle x

Oh that's good news, you must be about to ov then. Great news xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back