Positive OPK?

Discussion in 'Trying to Conceive' started by Birdie, Jan 8, 2016.

1. Birdie

Birdie Well-Known Member

I got my darkest line yesterday afternoon - but would you say it was actually positive? I've missed my peak completely for a couple of months but I've also had darker opks than this in the past - so just curious if people class this as a positive? Thx

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

2. xMillie

xMillie Well-Known Member

I thought the line had to be much darker? I'd call it negative though I think.
    Though this is only my 2nd cycle using them so I don't have a ton of experience but I would say maybe you missed getting a positive?
    I'd still try another one this after noon and see what result you get though.

Good luck!

3. Birdie

Birdie Well-Known Member

hmm thanks Millie..... I think I must have peaked overnight! Once my tests start going feint they then disappear so i dont think i'll get anything today, but might test later. Thankfully we DTD last night so fingers crossed :)

4. MrsS15

MrsS15 Well-Known Member

I would say they're all negative but you possibly could have got a positive on Thursday night if you tested? If you DTD last night and Ov today then I think you're covered :) xx

5. snowbee

snowbee Well-Known Member

If it was me I would class Thurs afternoon as positive. I don't really get them any darker than that normally (I have low LH levels despite having PCO, which usually gives you high LH levels - I have to be difficult!).

I then usually feel ov so I know if I'm right to class it as a positive or not. Do you ever feel ov? Did you have any other ov signs? If you did I would say positive. If not and you usually get a much darker opk I would say negative. It is difficult to tell really as everyone is so different and levels change so quickly it can be very easy to miss the surge.

6. Birdie

Birdie Well-Known Member

Thanks ladies! I agree that test is a negative :) But I think I would have got a positive last night based on my past cycles. I do get OV pains usually, but I had terrible pelvic pains this morning from having sex last night, as I have endometriosis.... so it would have been hard to distinguish.

I'm now trying to decide if it's worth us having sex again tonight - i'm still in pain, so it wouldn't be easy and/or very pleasurable... but I wonder if we might just catch it?!

7. MrsS15

MrsS15 Well-Known Member

I think last night you'll definitely be covered but I'd probably do it again tonight if I could. Without being crude, could you just erm put it in when he's ready to save you some discomfort? :roll:

:lol: xx

#7 MrsS15, Jan 8, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2016
  8. Birdie

Birdie Well-Known Member

:rofl:

Firstly - I like crude!

Secondly - I am definitely going to suggest this to DH later.... but I have a feeling that he might complain about feeling a bit like a performing pony! :D I'll just have to think of a way of making it extra interesting for him :think:

9. MrsS15

MrsS15 Well-Known Member

Hahaha me too, glad we're on the same page ;) :lol:

I told hubby around ovulation I'll get sore if we BD every day so we have to have the odd day where this is done. It's only once a month so he doesn't complain :lol: Can you give him lots of 'attention', get him really worked up then the actual deed won't last too long? I'm really bad, if I can't be bothered (this is terrible, I'm blushing writing this!!) I'll say really seductively to hubby can you do me from behind? (which I know gets him all worked up!!) then I roll onto my front, close my legs and squeeze tight. He's done in seconds :rofl: :rofl: xxx

#9 MrsS15, Jan 8, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2016
  10. Birdie

Birdie Well-Known Member

Hahahaha!!! I am LOVING this over share MrsS :lol: I certainly think that would work with my DH too!

Unfortunately I didn't get the chance to test out my seduction skills as my toddler woke up as we were headed up to bed & I ended up spending the night in his room as he was a bit upset. So no chance to DTD last night. Ah well, we managed Tues & Thurs, so hopefully that's enough.

#10 Birdie, Jan 9, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2016
  11. MrsS15

MrsS15 Well-Known Member

Oh god it really is an over share isn't it? :lol:

That's a shame you never got to but you sound covered anyway. Hope your little man is better today! We've only got a 7yr old so makes BD easier at times. Well when he's sleeping anyway :lol: xx

#11 MrsS15, Jan 9, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2016