Positive breech vaginal delivery stories please!

hellywelly

Reaction score
So, the scan yesterday showed baby was a frank breech, and we chose to go ahead with an ecv (manual turn) yesterday afternoon. Unfortunately baby is extremely stubborn and wouldn't move an inch! We were given the option of a c sec or, considering I had birthed naturally before and baby is only considered average size, a vaginal breech birth.

We have opted to give the vaginal breech a go with an open mind to a c sec if it needs to go that way. My four midwife friends have been very positive, but I just wondered if anyone else has delivered a breech baby naturally and how did it go?

Tri hopping but I have no personal experience but my sister was breech and my mum said she had an amazing labour and it was a lot easier than her first. She was also a due date baby :)

I have no personal experience but I had a long chat with my mum (30 years as a midwife!) about this not so long ago because it's a concern of mine. She said they tend to push a lot into section because midwives and Drs don't have the experience anymore in dealing with them, but she doesn't think there's any issue with a breach birth - especially if you've done it before. She gave me the confidence from our chat that should my baby be breach, a natural birth is the way I would go.

I hope it all goes well xx

Last edited:
Thank you ladies for your positivity. I've joined a breech birth group on Facebook and am currently feeling very empowered!! Speaking to my Aunty today (a retired midwife of 30 years experience) she echoed the nervousness due to lack of experience issue. I think I am going to trust my body, and although I obviously will listen to the professionals, I'll try not to be talked into things that are more for their benefit than mine!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back