Positioning Nitemare!!!

K X

Reaction score
Just back from my usual mw appointment, and little Becky Bump has moved from back to back, to being feet first. Her head is up at my ribs, mw said they don't get concerned til 38 weeks? I could go b4 then! Little bump has been awkward from day one, being breech for 28 weeks (bum first), then back to back, and now feet first. I am so scared, of labour and everything, I tried to tell my mw, but she just played down my concerns. I haven't been able to attend any ante natal classes as my classes were on when I had my plaster cast on my leg, and was completely immobile.

I am so not prepared for labour, and I am one scared girl. :cry:

{{{hugs}}}

What in particular are you scared about? It might help to discuss your concerns on here and see if any of the new mums can help you out with your fears.

I'm terrified about being induced, I've heard it makes labour more painful and plus it would mean being in hospital from the beginning and I wanted to have a home birth.

A lady at my Parentcraft sessions had a baby that was feet first (she was about your stage). They told her that if it hadn't turned at 38 weeks they'd arrange a caesarean but her little bub turned within a fortnight so she was fine.

Thanks Rosieroo, I am scared of the pain, scared if there is anything wrong with the baby, still born etc. It may sound over the top, but I have had a rollercoaster pregnancy with problems and often wonder does it mean there is something wrong with her.

Is it you that has the little boy called Joshua James? That was our name if we were having a boy. Lovely name.

I hope for your don't have to get induced, not long for you now huni. Is getting induced supposed to be painful?

Hope you are keeping well, from what I remember of a picture you posted, you were blooming, tanned and slim-Lucky you. xxx

Hi,

To turn your baby i have heard you put an ice pack at the top of your bump, baby doesn't like the cold on it's head and turns to a more comfortable position, OR get on your hands and knees, lean on your elbows with your bum in the air, it gives baby more room to move OR lie down with your legs in the air or leant on the sofa. Oh and stand on your head!!! (not as easy)

I saw these on a birth programme once and it worked for the woman, hope these help for you if you try them

:D

You can also try shining a torch at the bottom of your bump and the baby may move towards it. Good luck :D

Hi,

I was totally and utterly terrified of labour until it actually happened and then somehow you just concentrate on what's going on right that minute- it's difficult to explain really, not sure if others agree with me. My antenatal classes reduced me to a nervous wreck as all they seemed to do was to tell us what could go wrong and what they'd do if it did! Or else go into major detail which personally I'd been avoiding up to that point. I had my Mum and the midwife with me as my husband is too squeamish to have coped and they were great as they kept me calm. I didn't have any major complications although he did bob about a bit right at the last minute as he had the umbilical cord round his arm so she started to talk about getting a doctor in but to be honest the moment I heard that I started pushing even harder and he was born!

I had TENS and gas and air and both were great (there's a thread about pain relief in the first year with your baby where people are talking about this). The only thing I learnt that really helped (rather than scared the daylights out of me) in my antenatal classes was to go with your instincts during the labour. If you want to do it in a weird position then do it if possible as your body knows what it's doing. I was on my feet for the first 12 hours would you believe? I just wanted to stand and rock my hips! It wasn't until he really started moving along that I went on the bed on all fours and then the last stage I did on my side.

I was scared about embarrassing myself too and of course I did poo myself and pee as I'm not sure you can really do anything about it as the baby goes past those bits of you. I kept apologising but the midwife didn't bat an eyelid and cleared me up and I think found it funny (in a nice way) that I kept protesting that I didn't normally do that! (I was a bit high on gas and air!) As for the last bit when everything gets very tight as the baby crowns it was a kind of tight, burning pain but with enough lungfuls of gas and air it was ok. Plus every time we got to a contraction at that point they kept saying to me that it was one less and that the more pushes I got in per contraction the quicker it would be over and that helped. I only had the real burny feeling when he actually arrived- I thought she'd given me an episiotomy but actually I had a small tear inside that didn't need a stitch so wasn't that bad.

Obviously everyone has a different time of it but for me it wasn't nearly as bad as I'd feared. I used to cry at the thought of it beforehand so I didn't go in brave or anything. Don't know if any of this helps you at all- if you want to ask anything else go ahead.

+++

Hope you are keeping well, from what I remember of a picture you posted, you were blooming, tanned and slim-Lucky you. xxx

I think you mean Rooander....pretty sure she's got a Josh (and she's always been tanned and toned in her pics!). That was one of the names we had for a boy, I really like it too :D

I've heard that being induced makes the contractions more intense, I would like to start naturally as I hope that they would build up gradually then. I've got my TENS machine ready and am hoping that helps to begin with.
With regards to you worrying about the baby being stillborn, think of all of the hurdles and statistics that you've overcome already. The chances of a stillborn are sooooooo tiny, you've overcome a lot more already.

Thanx for your great advice Rosebay, and Rosieroo, sorry for getting you mixed up with Rooander.

Rosebay I have heard how common it is to do a poo when you are in labour, but I suppose by that stage you just don't care! My biggest fear is the pain, and getting torn underneath, as I find it agony just now when I get an internal done and dread to think of a baby coming out there.

I know I am being silly, and should grow up a bit, as I am going to be a mum myself, but I am so glad that i will have my mum there with me, as OH is clueless. When I get upset panicking about it he says, "Oh you'll be fine!". That's men for you tho, they have the easy part in this!

Rosieroo I hope you go sometime soon, and don't need induced, there is still time! :wink:

can I just say thank you both for your reassurance, it means a lot to me

Karrina x

K X said:
Rosebay I have heard how common it is to do a poo when you are in labour, but I suppose by that stage you just don't care! My biggest fear is the pain, and getting torn underneath, as I find it agony just now when I get an internal done and dread to think of a baby coming out there.

Thing is though that your whole body is working towards the baby coming out so your muscles are working with you rather than against you when you have an internal if you see what I mean? The gas and air really did help with the pain, you could feel it but you really didn't care as much, like when you're really drunk and stub a toe or something and the next morning you can't really remember it happening. And of course other pain relief options work even more completely if it gets too much.

K X said:
I know I am being silly, and should grow up a bit, as I am going to be a mum myself, but I am so glad that i will have my mum there with me, as OH is clueless. When I get upset panicking about it he says, "Oh you'll be fine!". That's men for you tho, they have the easy part in this!

You're not being silly at all. Labour is painful and most of us haven't been in proper pain before plus you know it's going to happen which makes it worse- like someone says "in three weeks time I'm going to hit you with a stick", it's worse than if they just came up and did it as you'd be thinking about it beforehand! Yay for Mums. I have to say that I was so so glad she was there. She was fabulous. Gave me hugs, gave me the gas and air exactly when I needed it plus I really liked the fact it was just women. Not sure I would have felt as comfortable pooing etc in front of my DH! (If he'd have been conscious att that stage!) I know that sounds strange but I want to keep some dignity! When he came in afterwards all he was thinking of was "wow- my son!" not worrying about what he'd just seen which helped me through the slight shock of having just given birth as he was all smiles and joy whereas Mum and I were knackered! Lots of people gave my husband grief for not going in but I am so glad he didn't- it was the right thing for us.

+++

Taking Palsutilla (mind spelling), homeopathic remedy, is thought to help turn baby into right position. Take from 36 weeks on. My baby only turned to favourable position at 36 weeks - don't worry too much - you'll be just fine!!!
Emilia xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back