Popping over from ttc

Tillyfloss

Reaction score
Hello
Did any of you lovely ladies get a bfp without getting a positive opk?

Me! But I wasnt using any that cycle :p

Sometimes the surge is so short that you miss it. I know Ive missed mine a couple of times!

xxxxx

All cycle?

An opk only picks up the LH hormone which is present before OV - some arent that good. What tests are you using?

I didnt get any lines with a 25mui but when I switched over to 20mui one step and got great lines.

The only way youll know if you trully did OV is by taking temp.

Have you been tracking your other symptoms ie CM or anything?

xxxx

Last edited:
I started cd 7 using opks they are 20 m and one step ones,
I have pcos but I've read you normally get false positive ones not negative,
I don't temp as didn't work well with me last time always waking up different times
I check cm and cp, yday I was wet and soft high and open
I used soy 3-7 and read it makes positive stronger.
I'm only cd 13 but still completey negative not even going darker yet

Ah good that your on top of other avenues then - OV can be complicated just reading sticks.

xxxx

They never worked for me... But I think there is a strong possibility that that could happen! Frequently....

yes with my second they all came back negative but I have a 20 month old to prove them to be wrong.

yes with my second they all came back negative but I have a 20 month old to prove them to be wrong.

Wow!! Did it turn out you ovulated at your normal time as well then?
How many times did u test a day? Were they completely negative or dark ish lines just not positive?
I'm testing 3-4 times a day and always a light second line no darkness at all.

Thanks and sorry lots of questions

I had recently stopped breastfeeding so my cycles were a few days longer than usual so for a couple of months I was ovulating around day 17 instead of day 14. The tests were just faint lines, not even dark so that I could question whether there was a surge or not. I was getting so angry with them. I tested in the morning and in the evening and initially used the clear blue ones then moved onto the cheap Internet ones. I was also temping and checking cm whenever I went to the loo and I found that much more reliable. I used fertility friend and have the chart for that cycle. I'm happy to share it if you'd like to see it?

Your tests sound like mine do!
Charts just confuse me more but thanks, you've given me some hope x

No problem! Good luck and I hope this is your month!!xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27