Popping ear

Tillyfloss

Reaction score
My ear won't stop popping driving me mad! anyone else had it? Had it b4 but not this bad, can I take anything for it? Like I'm on a bloody plane all day lol

YESSSSSSS!!!!

Throughout my whole pregnancy last year, i suffered from this. It drove me absolutely insane!!

Can you hear yourself breathing and when someone is talking to you, all you can hear is your breathing if you breathe through your nose?
The only way i used to get a few seconds relief was to put my head down low.
The amount of times my other half moaned at me for looking like a weirdo from having to do in public...
quite frankly, i didnt care haha

Unfortunately there is nothing that can done, its got a name to it- ill try and find it and youll be able to research and understand it a tad better. its to do with hormones, the secretions in our ears arent the same as before pregnancy and our eard rums dont stick together like they did prior, therefore we get that horrible muffled sound :'(

im only 7+ weeks gone right now, but like 2 days after i found out i was expecting it happened to me. it was something i had forgot and it completely turned my belly over thinking that it had started again. I only had it a little bit in my first pregnancy, but the last one was ridiculous! :'(

I hope you can get after with having it awfully, as really is no fun xx

It gets worse when I'm trying to have a convo and I'm like sorry ear again lol

haha, i used to HATE doctor/midwife appointments as id always rush for them in the cold, which seemed to make it a whole lot worse by the time i got there. Id then try breathing through my mouth the whole time, just so i could make out what they were actually saying.
Theres only so many times you can say 'Sorry? Pardon? Can you repeat that please?' before you just nod or laugh and hope it was appropriate.

I did find, that about a week after i had my baby, it did go and it never came back- until i found out i was pregnant again xx

I just started getting that a couple of days ago, I didn't know what that was or why it was happening. I didn't know it was a pregnancy symptom. LOL It was weird, it just kept popping for no reason. I kept trying to clean it with a Q tip. LOL! I thought it was clogged or something. Glad I at least know why it happened now. Haha It seems to have stopped now though, knock on wood! :)

Last edited:
I have had this for a couple of weeks now with my left ear, I didn't realise it could be pregnancy related!

I've had this too ! I was at work and it was driving me nuts because it amplified what I was saying to people. I had some glacier mints to suck on and that helped me

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back