Popping/clicking

Discussion in 'Third Trimester' started by SiameseCatLady, Aug 20, 2016.

1. SiameseCatLady

SiameseCatLady Well-Known Member

Hi. Can't remember if I have mentioned this before, but I am 37+4 and for ages now, when my baby moves, it sometimes (although at least twice every day) makes a popping/clicking sound!
    Read that other people have it by googling but has anyone had any experience that is the same/similar?
    It's really bizarre!

2. Sprout

Sprout Well-Known Member

Yes, mine was because baby had hip dysplasia. Make sure baby's hips are thoroughly checked at birth and a scan is done.

3. SiameseCatLady

SiameseCatLady Well-Known Member

Oh dear.
    Can that be cured completely?

4. Summergurl

Summergurl Well-Known Member

Yep I've had it and still get it. It's fairly common and not many people know what causes it exactly. It's not always baby it's said it's also pockets of water too making it.

5. Rubyredslipper

Rubyredslipper Well-Known Member

Not the way you describe but sometimes at night if I lift a leg up to roll over (very unseemly I know!) I feel a pop in my groin

6. mrsc86

mrsc86 Well-Known Member

I am so glad to read this as I have it at lease twice a day too and unable to describe it to anyone. It kind of feels like a pop or a click and usually on my right side.
    I am 7 days over due today so will be so glad to have the baby now x

7. cameron

cameron New Member

I had this both times I was pregnant and I couldn't get an answer from anyone I asked. When both my children were born and for months after they made this loud clicking sound with their mouths - like a really strong suck. I think that must have been what the sound was coming from my bump.

8. Sprout

Sprout Well-Known Member

Yes, my little girl was in a leg harness from 6-13 weeks but needed no other treatment. I've heard of lots of babies with clicky hips who don't have dysplasia though so please don't worry, just be sure it's checked out