Popping/clicking

SiameseCatLady

Reaction score
Hi. Can't remember if I have mentioned this before, but I am 37+4 and for ages now, when my baby moves, it sometimes (although at least twice every day) makes a popping/clicking sound!
Read that other people have it by googling but has anyone had any experience that is the same/similar?
It's really bizarre!

Yes, mine was because baby had hip dysplasia. Make sure baby's hips are thoroughly checked at birth and a scan is done.

Yep I've had it and still get it. It's fairly common and not many people know what causes it exactly. It's not always baby it's said it's also pockets of water too making it.

Not the way you describe but sometimes at night if I lift a leg up to roll over (very unseemly I know!) I feel a pop in my groin

I am so glad to read this as I have it at lease twice a day too and unable to describe it to anyone. It kind of feels like a pop or a click and usually on my right side.
I am 7 days over due today so will be so glad to have the baby now x

I had this both times I was pregnant and I couldn't get an answer from anyone I asked. When both my children were born and for months after they made this loud clicking sound with their mouths - like a really strong suck. I think that must have been what the sound was coming from my bump.

Oh dear.
Can that be cured completely?

Yes, my little girl was in a leg harness from 6-13 weeks but needed no other treatment. I've heard of lots of babies with clicky hips who don't have dysplasia though so please don't worry, just be sure it's checked out

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back