Poor OH has a bug and I'm ovulating!!

ChloeNat

Reaction score
Hey all not been very talkative lately but I've been on every day as usual.

I'm having a bit of a dilemma, were not really trying at the moment but were still hoping for a January BFP all the same.

I've been having OV pains for a few days since about Monday and OH and I have been BDing nearly every day not trying but in the mood i guess. The last time we BDed was on Monday night and poor OH was up all night last night being sick poor thing so no BD for me. Only thing is I noticed EWCM this morning and its the only time I've seen it this month. So have I missed the window now?

Obviously no BD for me tonight as he has a really bad tummy bug.

I'm hoping the day before should be sufficient.

Oh BTW anyone watch One Born Every Minute at 9? First time my OH has ever watched it with me as he couldn't get off the sofa lol. Think it scared him a bit. Poor baby boy not moving after the forceps upset him I think... I cried.

So glad its back though. Hoping I get to watch the rest of the season growing my own little Star.

Baby Dust to all!! xx

Hi hon, you might not have missed the egg!! Remember sperm can stay alive in good conditions for several days. If you did catch, would be more chances for a pink bundle. Good luck!!!

One born every minute!!!!! How could I miss this, will have to watch it on 4oD!

xx

Hiya
They say 72hrs for sperm survival so you should be fine. You could consider AI if you are worried with a pot and a turkey baster/sringe. Hope that you guys feel better soon and that its great news for you in a couple of weeks.
XDaisy

If you ovulated yesterday, I think Mondays BD will have been good enough. Good luck :dust: x

As the other ladies said sperm can swim round for a few days, used OPK's in November for the first time, I did really know the in's and outs we BD'd the same day as the positive test line and which meant I was about to Ovulate (thought at the time it meant that I was Ovulating) still managed to get my BFP so fingers crossed for you and loads of baby dust xx

I'm sort of in the same boat hun - except my OH isn't ill, he's just a massive football fan and will be out all day and evening today at the match and out with his footie mates so no BD for me today! Got my positive OPK yesterday (which I think means I may be ovulating today?) and the last time we BD'd was two days ago. So I am desperately hoping there are still some little swimmers left hanging on from that last BD.

Have been reading up on it and I've heard sperm can live inside the woman for up to 5 days (although that's quite rare and it's more commonly 2-3 days) - so if you BD'd Monday and ov'd Wednesday than you should still defo be in with a chance hun! It only takes 1 sperm to survive doesn't it!

Good luck hun :D xxx

My OH was away last month for my whole fertile window (he was away for 5 days and typically they were the bloody 5 days I was fertile!)

There is always a chance though so fingers crossed

xxxxxxxx

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27