Polyhydramnios? (too much amniotic fluid), Anyone else had this?

shell30984

Reaction score
hi all,

i had my first growth scan and consultant appt today, due to having pre eclampsia in my previous pregnancy, so im being constantly monitored.

I was told i have too much fluid and was given lots of advice to watch out for signs of early labour....i am now very worried :(

Has anybody else had this?

im currently 28w, and i do feel huge, but my last boy was 9lb2, and im only 5"2, so was expecting to be slightly larger with this boy :)

I had it in my pregnancy. I was signed off work for 4 weeks and was told to rest. I went back to work part time for 4 weeks before starting maternity leave. I also had fortnightly scans to check fluid levels until I was induced on my due date due to high blood pressure.
My lo was 9lbs 5ozs when he was born.
It sounds like you'll be we'll monitored, so try not to worry too much and try to get as much rest as possible.

Hiya - I just wondered if you had any update on this We are due at a similar time and I have just been old I have polyhydramnios, my fluid levels are 28, not sure where this sits on the scale. Baby is going between breech and transverse and has a large abdominal circumfrance. Just keeping fingers crossed this begins to resolve!

Hi
Sorry for the late reply :)
I'm still carrying extra fluid, not sure on the amount though, I think over 25 is classed as too much.
I have been told that I won't be going over my due date...yay so only 4 weeks left lol
I did what my midwife told me not to do and 'googled' it...which scared the life out of me and made me worry so much :(, but she has reasured me and said that the only worry is that if my waters go then I need to get to the hospital asap!.

How are you coping with it..I'm finishing it a struggle as I'm huge and finding even the smallest of tasks really difficult :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back